Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The two main factors preventing the UK from becoming the new 'Mecca of Boxing'.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Ward/Kovalev; get over it. The right guy won but it was close and I respect that it could have gone the other way.

Williams/Lara; that was years ago and seemed to be pure incompetence (the judges were suspended and re-educated IIRC). Some judges just go with who they think is going to win.

Bradley/Pac; I'll give you that one. Possibly incompetence, but it's a real head-scratcher as Bradley had no momentum with the fans and was never really given a push after that. Hard to say WTF happened there but I won't argue with anyone who says it was corruption.
    kovalev bashed ward up and outlanded him in almost every round. i guess thats a close fight for a ward fan. also roudn 10 how can you explain that? dominating kov round goes to ward...incompetence this time? corruption? is one better than the other? how did the right guy win if all 3 judges screwed up a clear round? doesnt that mean wrong guy won?

Comment

^ Someone had to say it. Judging in the states can be questionable but it's the same in MMA and it's not to the point where I think corruption is rampant.
      I've nothing against the UK, some of my fave fighters have been from there, but there's some blatant home cooking taking place and we'd be fools to ignore it. Even the previously fair and honest British commentary crews seem to be turning a blind eye to it now.
      In the year 2016, which world title fights or high profile bouts in the UK had really bad, outright robberies? And is the number more or less or equivalent to anywhere else on the planet?

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Only in your mind.
      You dont watch boxing.

Comment

Ward/Kovalev; get over it. The right guy won but it was close and I respect that it could have gone the other way.

Williams/Lara; that was years ago and seemed to be pure incompetence (the judges were suspended and re-educated IIRC). Some judges just go with who they think is going to win.

Bradley/Pac; I'll give you that one. Possibly incompetence, but it's a real head-scratcher as Bradley had no momentum with the fans and was never really given a push after that. Hard to say WTF happened there but I won't argue with anyone who says it was corruption.
        garcia herrera, broner ponce de leon, rios abril. america is as crooked as anywhere else when it comes to home cooking.

Comment

Right now, there is no mecca of boxing, I feel.

The UK, US and Eastern Europe all have their massive flaws in the markets, and let's be honest...the only argument for one of them being a mecca currently - or even close - is that they would be by default. Simply because no geographic has stepped up.

Boxing ain't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            garcia herrera, broner ponce de leon, rios abril. america is as crooked as anywhere else when it comes to home cooking.
            garcia herrera was in puerto rico, future nuclear bomb testing site for america under president trump

Comment

Europe has been the mecca for anything 160+ for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                In the year 2016, which world title fights or high profile bouts in the UK had really bad, outright robberies? And is the number more or less or equivalent to anywhere else on the planet?

You dont watch boxing.
                Cute that you think your could slip in the world title fight/high profile qualifier as if I wouldn't notice. It's happening with up and comers, which is natural because they want to put these guys over. I don't keep track of their names but I do watch a lot of British boxing on Saturday afternoon here in the states.
                Don't expect the home cooking to be anything that would draw major international attention. If you aren't seeing it, it's because you're another one of these closed minded fans.

I don't care where a guy is from or what color paints his skin. I just call it as I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  What happened to that job of yours, got laid off? You seem pretty active now all of the sudden.

We're still waiting for those quotes of people glamouring Washington.

Comment

when is mecca going to become the mecca of boxing? come on saudi arabian boxers step your game up

Comment

let's not pretend like the U.S doesnt have a big and illustrious history of robberies, shady officiating, referees and everything else.

Highlighting the UK is a damn joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X