Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing the most physically demanding sport in the world??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
    Cycling in my opinion.
    Than Pacquiao might be the most physical athlete of them all because he's boxing AND cycling...... wait for it...... PEDs.
    Last edited by myCoCainE; 05-26-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
      I can't think of a sport that matches the physical demands of boxing, going 12 rounds with only 1minutes rest in between.
      It's not like a team sport where you can relax and rely on a team member, or even another solo sport where you can take a (physical and mental) breather as you know by doing so you could get seriously hurt..
      MMA maybe close but as there is take downs much less rounds it stops the chances of a 12 round warrior type fight.
      Peak for peak I can't think of another athlete that would be as fit and in such a physical shape as the likes of pacquiao and mayweather..

Your thoughts?
      There are a few sports more demanding on the endurance side (cycling, triathlon), but all in all a 12-round boxing fight is among the most health-endangering sports event out there (barring accidents). Diving can be very risky, too (apnoe-diving).

Comment

The Ironman appears to be just as demanding if not more than boxing.

Though in boxing the athletes worry more about life threatening injuries than most other sports.

Comment

Rowing is tough.

Comment

I agree..
            one of the toughest , if not the toughtest sport in the world
            Certainly in terms of mental strength, it is certainly up there.

Comment

Working...
            X