Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He kinda did doe lol.

Comment

He did a Khan job.
      You have to show more heart than that when you are the unified heavyweight champion.

Ali took more beating from George Foreman. Foreman QUIT.

Comment

he quit once the ref asked him are you ready to fight he said yea, but his body language (hands resting on the top ropes etc) said otherwise.

I say that because the last kd he had he did the same. Rested his arms on the ropes, but at that point when the ref asked him if he wants to continue, he took his hands off the ropes and put them up in front of him. IMO maybe the ref thought he wasn't responding enough etc.

Comment

He got concussed and he quit. Health wise it was the sensible choice. It wasn’t a warriors choice. Warriors doesn’t quit.

Comment

If a fighter doesn't leave the ring in a body bag then he is looked at as a quitter.
            Last edited by RoyJonesJrp4pno1; 06-03-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              he quit once the ref asked him are you ready to fight he said yea, but his body language (hands resting on the top ropes etc) said otherwise.

I say that because the last kd he had he did the same. Rested his arms on the ropes, but at that point when the ref asked him if he wants to continue, he took his hands off the ropes and put them up in front of him. IMO maybe the ref thought he wasn't responding enough etc.
              My point is that the the 4th knockdown meant more damage had been done. He was only getting worse with each knockdown. So knockdowns one and two, he reacted quickly. Knockdown three, more hurt, but still reacted. Knockdown four, more hurt and dazed, wouldn't react the same. Even if the ref let it go to six knockdowns to give the champion the benefit, he would only be reacting worse each time.

My overall point being that people talking as if AJ quit the first time he was knocked down. Or as if he cried and walked around the ring saying I don't want to go anymore. He kept getting up and had a moment where he just couldn't go anymore.

Yes fans want to see fighter on their backs and waved off. But we've seen what happens when some fighters take too much punishment. He's 29 and doesn't need five or six knockdowns to show he's lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                Absolutely wrong to say AJ quit.

(...)
                ... Yes, sure... Actually he was out!!! for good!...

Comment

I think he really expected the ref to let him stall. I mean HE'S ALREADY DONE IT in the UK and even pulled tape off his glove. He was getting his senses together and wanted time.

The ref could have stopped it after AJ's second KD because AJ did not step toward him like the ref instructed. Was AJ quitting then? No. He was stalling. He tried the same thing later but the ref had seen enough.

Comment

Once Joshua deliberately spit his gum shield on the canvas after the last knockdown that sealed the deal for me. He was mentally broken and definitely wanted out. Even the referee could sense it too.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Once Joshua deliberately spit his gum shield on the canvas after the last knockdown that sealed the deal for me. He was mentally broken and definitely wanted out. Even the referee could sense it too.
                      Yes... (and the guy was "expecting" that the ref should have asked for the mouth piece to be washed and put back...)

Comment

Working...
                      X