Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is HBO trying to help Main Events overturn Tony Weeks decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it makes sense if HBO supplied video because they aired the fight but no idea why Hauser in particular was involved.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.
      You should all of watched the fight instead of hitting the crack-pipe together. kovalev lost every round! Tony Weeks saved kovalev from the extra beating he was going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Bob Bennett is another incompetent yes man anyway so who cares. The imbecile was watching a feed with no sound trying to determine if the Rigo punch came after the bell lol.

Who knows why Hauser got involved, maybe he's got a hard on for Ward?

And speaking of hard ons I'm certain Max Kellerman creamed himself Saturday night. The guy couldn't stop gushing about everything Rigo and Ward did. And Rigo did absolutely nothing until his illegal punches and after the bell KO
        ^^^^This. Bob Bennet was clueless with regard to the Rigo/Flores fight. Also, you can clearly see the low blows on Kovalev in any video you chose to look at. Either way the fault lies with Tony Weeks and whoever oversees his incompetence. Kovalev might have gassed out but we'll never know due to the early stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          And it makes sense if HBO supplied video because they aired the fight but no idea why Hauser in particular was involved.
          Hauser likes to create lies to hurt certain fighters image.....

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            I had Kov up 4 rounds to 3 going into the 8th. Ward had a strong 8th rounds and hurt Kov but not hurt to the point where the fight needed to be waved off. Especially given the low blow shots that landed right before Weeks waved it off.

People can say that Kov was doubled over and wasn't responding. How else was he suppose to react after getting uppercutted in/around the nutz with 3 consecutive shots?
            You guys are crazy! Ward shut him out! kovalev did NOT win a round.

Comment

You should all of watched the fight instead of hitting the crack-pipe together. kovalev lost every round! Tony Weeks saved kovalev from the extra beating he was going to get.
              That line gave me a good laugh.

It's amazing and somewhat disturbing that some people only see what they want. I watched the fight live and have seen multiple replays, the body shots leading up to the stoppage were good, all of them! The last shot Ward hit Kov with as low, that's it.

Funny how when their guy losses (Kov), all of a sudden the ref is incompetent, the commission is on the take and other experienced pros that saw the shots as legal don't know what they're talking about............

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                it was a competitive fight, agreed. but one card had kovalev up by 3 points, hbo had him up by 2 or 3 too. kovalev was winning the fight and the fight got stopped due to a bull**** stoppage and multiple low blows. it doesnt matter what people think might have happened after in the later rounds. it got stopped on a foul. the whole card was a farce.
                Stop with your agenda. Ward shut this dude out. No way kovalev won a round. Competitive yes but Ward dug in this boy and took him out! Tony Weeks saved this boy from extra beating. And why is nobody talking about steve erkul trunks that was up to kovalev's nipples?

Comment

I don't know. I didn't even know that such a decision could be overturned.

Comment

Isnt steve weisfeld the scorecard man for showtime sports? That guy is sht at his job.

Comment

The punches were beltline, just when Kovalev bended that he couldnt continue thats was the lowest but he was done at that point he also bended

As far as scoring im sure had Ward up but it was close, i wasnt agreeing with HBO thats for sure that a crazy card, Ward was landing big counters n body shots

Comment

Working...
                      X