• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao fights in 2 weeks

just in case anyone has forgotten.

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    just in case anyone has forgotten.
    Its not that anyone has forgotten, it's just that noone cares about Pacquiao since floyd schooled him.

Comment

Who's he fighting again? The coach of the Knicks, right?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          Its not that anyone has forgotten, it's just that noone cares about Pacquiao since floyd schooled him.
          I think people still care about Manny but he hasn't helped his cause by fighting Bradley for a third time, Vargas and a complete unknown.

If Manny demolishes Horn and calls out Thurman, Crawford or Spence you think that he wouldn't be in headlines again?

He's just in it simply to get easy pay days at this point. As much as I love Manny, I don't think he can compete with the young guns, Thurman, Spence and Crawford at this point. He has looked past his best since 2011 imo. Definitely changed his style post Marquez KO and it's more methodical but just not as dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            I think people still care about Manny but he hasn't helped his cause by fighting Bradley for a third time, Vargas and a complete unknown.

If Manny demolishes Horn and calls out Thurman, Crawford or Spence you think that he wouldn't be in headlines again?

He's just in it simply to get easy pay days at this point. As much as I love Manny, I don't think he can compete with the young guns, Thurman, Spence and Crawford at this point. He has looked past his best since 2011 imo. Definitely changed his style post Marquez KO and it's more methodical but just not as dangerous.
            Well, it's not unusual for an aging fighter to adjust his style and become more economical. I guess we'll see how much he's regressed against Horn.

Comment

Cool. I'll make plans to go fish that night

Comment

I already bought my ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I already bought my ticket.
                  I'm surprised you found a ticket. I hear they're selling like hot cakes.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Well, it's not unusual for an aging fighter to adjust his style and become more economical. I guess we'll see how much he's regressed against Horn.
                    I think it shows how great him and Floyd both are. They are both 40 or close to it and still beating fighters who are meant to be in their primes.

I think Floyd from 2007-2009 and Manny from 2008-2010 were in their primes. Their styles have definitely changed from then.

Floyd doesn't move as much, isn't really as dynamic with his feet and relies more on pure defence.

Manny doesn't go all out on most combos anymore, he definitely looks a step slower and his workrate is still high but not at the 1000 punches a fight mark it was in his prime...more like 600 now.

Special, special fighters. Only fighter around that looks to have their level of excellence to me is Lomachenko.

Comment

Working...
                    X