No announcement yet.

Crippling Nervousness For Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fballguy924 View Post
    Any advice for nervousness before sparring when you're experienced with multiple fights and over 500+ rounds of sparring? Still can't shake extreme anxiety before boxing.

Thanks guys
    If you have as much experience as you say you do, you should not feel this "crippling" nervousness.

If you do feel that, then you need to go to see a doctor. You have some serious form of anxiety disorder is what I would guess. I got nervous before my fights, hardly every before sparring unless I was sparring a pro that I knew was much better than me. Even then, after getting hit the first time the butterflies were gone in an instant.

Comment

Do you always get nervous when you spar?? Or do you just get nervous when you feel you're in for some tough rounds? Would you still be nervous when you're sparring someone you have an advantage over?

If you're scared of losing or getting hurt you're going to have to channel that fear or your nervousness is going to get you hurt.

Composure is everything, from what I've seen you have to very confident/be one with yourself to be anything in fighting.

90% of boxing is mental 10% physical

Don't lose your hunger young lion, someone is going to come at you with bad intentions

Comment

Nerves go away once the bell rings, it's just the anticipation leading up to it. I've won multiple fights as well, and the nervousness is there.

I guess form reading on here that it's probably just a personal thing and everyone is different. The anticipation and build up is the worst part. I always wonder how people like Pacquiao can smile on the ring walk knowing how they're feeling but i guess with experience you learn to deal with the butterflies.

Comment

Originally posted by Fballguy924 View Post
          Nerves go away once the bell rings, it's just the anticipation leading up to it. I've won multiple fights as well, and the nervousness is there.

I guess form reading on here that it's probably just a personal thing and everyone is different. The anticipation and build up is the worst part. I always wonder how people like Pacquiao can smile on the ring walk knowing how they're feeling but i guess with experience you learn to deal with the butterflies.
          The best thing is to see a psychologist who can help you doing with your issues but as far a taking meds and boxing, I wouldn't recommend it. You could get seriously hurt. I use to coach a kid who had a lot of talent and was just like you. Before he sparred or fought he would get so nervous and anxious that his legs would give out. I worked him a lot and build up his self esteem but he still had some degree of pre fight anxiety. The good thing was he accomplished his goal of winning the golden gloves. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X