No announcement yet.

What If The Impossible Happens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If The Impossible Happens?

And Shane Mosley beats Manny Pacquiao? I mean, where does Manny go from there? He'll have been beaten by a 40 year old fighter who's clearly past his prime. Obviously, I don't think it will happen, but I also don't think it's out of the question. Mosley clearly had Floyd reeling in round two of their fight, and if he'd put together some more punches, quite possibly could have put Floyd away. Shane has a sturdy chin. We all know that. If Manny tries to mix it up with Shane on the inside, (like he normally does with most opponents) and gets caught with something huge, and can't recover...........and somehow LOSES. What's left of Manny Pacquiao? I mean.........where does he go from there? Quite frankly, I don't see it happening in a million years, seeing as Mosley signed with Top Rank for this fight, and will most likely throw the fight. (I hate to say it, but that's just the way I feel.) But if he does somehow show up and fight, and WINS..............where does that leave Pacquiao? I mean, I know he still has a MASSIVE fanbase, and will draw no matter who he fights..........but will he be regarded as a p4p fighter after losing to a 40+ year old fighter? Seems like this is a nothing to gain, and everything to lose type fight for Pacman, IMO. If he wins, it doesn't really do much for him. And if he loses (somehow) it basically ruins him. What do you all think?

i think it ruins pacquiao on a mainstream level, and a lot of interest in mayweather vs pacquiao will be lost

Comment

There is a chance Manny could get rocked by Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
        i think it ruins pacquiao on a mainstream level, and a lot of interest in mayweather vs pacquiao will be lost
        Exactly what I was alluding to. The interest in Floyd/Manny would seemingly go out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
          There is a chance Manny could get rocked by Mosley
          There is, but I think at this stage of the game, with Shane signing with Top Rank.........he'll probably throw the fight. I hate to say it...........but it's an easy payday. He made tons for fighting Floyd, and couldn't get the job done. Why not throw a fight with Manny and retire on a huge payday? I hope this isn't the case, but I'm about 99.9% certain that Manny wins this fight. Bob Arum won't see any other outcome. Just like I predicted about the Clottey and Margarito fights. Bob Arum won't let Manny fight outside of Top Rank. Too much risk involved.

Comment

it is not impossible with this fight for shane.

shane is a very experienced fighter maybe he is in his past prime but he can

fight too but he needs to go out a very fresh and conditioned that night

fighting a very good fighter like manny.. stamina and speed will be their

difference..strength will be with shane and workrate will be on pac we can

never tell who is on offense and defense. two have great boxing skills we will

see a defensive shane or pac. pbf vs mosley or mosley vs mora is different

fight with pac.

style makes fight. pbf a def master mind and mora a well known good and

bigger fighter than pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
              There is, but I think at this stage of the game, with Shane signing with Top Rank.........he'll probably throw the fight. I hate to say it...........but it's an easy payday. He made tons for fighting Floyd, and couldn't get the job done. Why not throw a fight with Manny and retire on a huge payday? I hope this isn't the case, but I'm about 99.9% certain that Manny wins this fight. Bob Arum won't see any other outcome. Just like I predicted about the Clottey and Margarito fights. Bob Arum won't let Manny fight outside of Top Rank. Too much risk involved.
              I present you the logic of a *****.

Comment

Well then TS, God help boxing especially with Mayweather as its mainstream star.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew14 View Post
                  it is not impossible with this fight for shane.

shane is a very experienced fighter maybe he is in his past prime but he can

fight too but he needs to go out a very fresh and conditioned that night

fighting a very good fighter like manny.. stamina and speed will be their

difference..strength will be with shane and workrate will be on pac we can

never tell who is on offense and defense. two have great boxing skills we will

see a defensive shane or pac. pbf vs mosley or mosley vs mora is different

fight with pac.

style makes fight. pbf a def master mind and mora a well known good and

bigger fighter than pac.
                  BS logic.

First off you didn't see the Mora fight. Shane won it. Mora LITERALLY ran during the fight. No, not potshotting and moving but running like a scared first time sparrer to not get hit. Shane clearly won it despite it being ugly.

May vs Shane was never goin tobe competitive. Shane was old, inactive. Simple as that Two rounds and his stamina went poof?

Truth is, he's old. He's still fast and strong but old. He's a 95 civic with 280k miles. Great reliable car but its bout to break down. His stamina is gone, his strength wontmean nothing without it. He's going againest a fresher fighter who's strong and fast too. This fight like the May fight is just BS. Mosley has no chance at this age.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
                    U think Shane will be paid to throw the fight??

Comment

Working...
                    X