No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Uzcategui Beats Down, Stops Andre Dirrell in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmike818 View Post
    I find it funny that no one is claiming “no más “ which is what Happened and quite.
    But if it would’ve been a Latin American fighter...
    Exactly, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
      Never the same after the Abe fight? More like EXPOSED. Dirrell can't handle pressure and doesn't respond well to receiving punches. He was always a fighter who only had athleticism and nothing else. He withdrew from the Super Six tournament knowing he couldn't beat Andre Ward. At this point, he's sticking around for a pay check to pay the electricity bill.
      He fought well in the Abraham fight until he got hit at the back of the head and the fight had to be stopped. He got real neurological problems and took time before he could recover but the recovery wasn't really complete as his reflexes were gone. The guy was a marvel to watch and it was like wathing a cat fighting, so nimble footed and electric. Your legs are your first line of defence and Dirrell used to use them well but once they were gone he became hittable. It was always great watching him but every good thing comes to an end and so did Dirrell.

Comment

Beautiful performance by Jose and poetic justice aswell he made Dirrell quit and gave him no excuse he could use.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
          Always robbing Latinos in favor of Blacks. Dirrel was Koed before the last shot, which was a split second after the bell, it happens all the time. If a Black would have done it, at most a point would have been deducted. And his ******ed brother sucker-punching Uzcategui was terrible. This was the first fight. Now, in the rematch justice was done and Dirrel did a no mas hahahaha
          I agree it was beautiful seeing Jose punish Dirrell for the first fight he stole from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
            He fought well in the Abraham fight until he got hit at the back of the head and the fight had to be stopped. He got real neurological problems and took time before he could recover but the recovery wasn't really complete as his reflexes were gone. The guy was a marvel to watch and it was like wathing a cat fighting, so nimble footed and electric. Your legs are your first line of defence and Dirrell used to use them well but once they were gone he became hittable. It was always great watching him but every good thing comes to an end and so did Dirrell.
            stop making excuses for dirrell. he doesn't know what to do when under pressure. he was always overrated and has no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              I agree it was beautiful seeing Jose punish Dirrell for the first fight he stole from him.
              totally. it was the most satisfying fight of the night for me. jose would not be denied!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                Almost every fight he had he stank out the joint. People overuse the word running. If they want to see real running they should watch Froch-Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER OF you View Post
                  stop making excuses for dirrell. he doesn't know what to do when under pressure. he was always overrated and has no heart.
                  Exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he part of the chin checkers fool crew outta NY with Curtis Stevens?

Comment

I am happy he won because in a way I really thought he got screwed in the first fight hope we last a while is Champ because you could be a great Champion for the fans...

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Textbook definition of 'Sweet Revenge'.
                      Wonder if uncle was watching from his single wide trailer?

LOL

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                      More like divine justice! lol good for Uzcategui he got the first fight stolen from him. now let see him vs Benavidez, Reamirez and Groves.
                      Yep. Uzcategui likely has a good future in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X