No announcement yet.

EPA poised to announce rejection of Obama vehicle fuel efficiency rules

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    And if someone wants to use asbestos, or other toxics, that should be okay?

Seatbelts in cars?

Health department for restaurants?

FDA

Why even have standards for anything, it’s all about choice?
    This is about Cars not asbestos , we are talking MPG not seat belts stick to the subject. The problem with idiot Liberals is they try to use Government to force people what to buy which increases the price of the Products. America was founded on freedom and wanted to do away with Tyranny. The correct way and the American way is to allow the Markets dictate what should be made and to this date the consumer still wants SUV, Trucks and Muscle cars. Obama acting like a Tyrant was trying to do away on what the consumer wants to buy.Like I said hybrids ,tiny cars with 40 mPG are available so if thats what you want you go ahead and buy it no one should force car manufactures on Car size,Engine size and what the vehicle MPG is thats the customers choice. If no one wants to buy these cars the manufactures will stop making them but since the people want them they still make them. When I was in The Army I went to East Berlin on a retreat back in 1988 and they all had the same cars Tiny box cars thats what happens when Government wants to control the manufactures and the people. Go ask people from former Communist countries if they liked living under Government control

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      This is about Cars not asbestos , we are talking MPG not seat belts stick to the subject. The problem with idiot Liberals is they try to use Government to force people what to buy which increases the price of the Products. America was founded on freedom and wanted to do away with Tyranny. The correct way and the American way is to allow the Markets dictate what should be made and to this date the consumer still wants SUV, Trucks and Muscle cars. Obama acting like a Tyrant was trying to do away on what the consumer wants to buy.Like I said hybrids ,tiny cars with 40 mPG are available so if thats what you want you go ahead and buy it no one should force car manufactures on Car size,Engine size and what the vehicle MPG is thats the customers choice. If no one wants to buy these cars the manufactures will stop making them but since the people want them they still make them. When I was in The Army I went to East Berlin on a retreat back in 1988 and they all had the same cars Tiny box cars thats what happens when Government wants to control the manufactures and the people. Go ask people from former Communist countries if they liked living under Government control
      They must like living under government control because a virtual dictator is running the country.

Comment

All SUVs should be illegal to drive unless you have more than two people in the car, punishable by death.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Do you read he weaponized the intelligence agencies . He turned the U.S to a Banana Republic by using the FBI and the CIA to spy on Trump what kind of scum bag does that to make sure he doesn't win the Presidency
          LOL that was proven to be false. That was just Trump being a lunatic. Thats one of the reasons why the FBI rep to Trump resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            They must like living under government control because a virtual dictator is running the country.
            Yeah, the guy cutting government regulation and mandates while cutting income taxes is a dictator. Genius.
            Last edited by 1bad65; 04-02-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              LOL that was proven to be false.
              How so??

I seem to recall the IRS Commissioner taking the 5th in front of Congress....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                This is bullshyt...

Bad move

Why be against better efficiency?

And we can do it

We are the country that said we will go to the moon and a few years later we were there. If America put its mind to making these goals, they would make it.

If anything, I think 2021 is a better time to make decisions for 2022-2025, not 2018
                This is why I can't support conservatives. They routinely push policies that **** up the environment for the sake of short term economic growth. It's incredibly short sighted and ****ing ******ed.

I don't get conservatives rationale for these decisions. Clean air - why would anyone be against clean air? It boggles the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Yeah, the guy cutting government regulation and mandates while cutting income taxes is a dictator. Genius.
                  Their elections are a farce. There is no free choice. So you are OK with that..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Their elections are a farce. There is no free choice. So you are OK with that..LOL
                    No, I'm not ok with elections that aren't free.

I was talking about Trump not being a dictator. Were you talking about someone else???

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      This is why I can't support conservatives. They routinely push policies that **** up the environment for the sake of short term economic growth. It's incredibly short sighted and ****ing ******ed.

I don't get conservatives rationale for these decisions. Clean air - why would anyone be against clean air? It boggles the mind.
                      This isn't about clean air, it's about freedom vs government control.

The air and water were just fine before Obama jacked up the CAFE numbers. It'll be fine when we go back to the old numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X