Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBO Issues Official Response to Pacquiao/Horn Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahahah Ward is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Bad idea. Guys like Keith Thurman would not be undefeated, the process would grind to a halt because every decision would be contested, even lopsided ones.

I'm fine with saying we do this for split or majority decisions. Not unanimous ones.
      I disagree.. I think it's a good idea when there is public outcry and more than 50% of boxing analysts have it for the losing fighter.

Collectively, boxing press and analysts usually have it right.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
        This could revive the PPV industry.

Watch fight for free, three weeks later pay to see who won!
        Might be onto something.

Could have celebrities open those award show envelopes & give the scores round by round for a couple hours. Have Atlas & Bradley do a skit together as the anticipation builds after the 5th round score announcement from Selena Gomez & Jimmy Fallon.

Comment

LoL. . How do they determine if a judge is independent?.. Unless we get recognizable, experienced judges to review.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
            I disagree.. I think it's a good idea when there is public outcry and more than 50% of boxing analysts have it for the losing fighter.

Yes its common sense, look at how many times where a low blow, a trip, a KD that was a slip happened, yet the ref rules wrong and winning fighter lost the round by 2 points and for the rest of the fight the commentary is complaining about the miss call that the world sees as plain as day.

The way it is in todays age is wrong, and its just stupid with the technology we have, makes the sport look bad to millions of viewers.

Rules are rules for reasons when its a blatant miss call it should be rectified by qualified people just like they have racing Stewards look at protests then and there and rule.

Comment

I agree that boxing desperately needs instant replay. I also like Bread's idea of having five judges score each fight, and one of them be secluded, noise wise from the commentators.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Yes its common sense, look at how many times where a low blow, a trip, a KD that was a slip happened, yet the ref rules wrong and winning fighter lost the round by 2 points and for the rest of the fight the commentary is complaining about the miss call that the world sees as plain as day.

The way it is in todays age is wrong, and its just stupid with the technology we have, makes the sport look bad to millions of viewers.

Rules are rules for reasons when its a blatant miss call it should be rectified by qualified people just like they have racing Stewards look at protests then and there and rule.
                I agree.. those situations are not common but it's important to get the call right. A little break in action needs to be sacrificed so that they can get it right.... I think most would have no problem with that.

Comment

I agree.. those situations are not common but it's important to get the call right. A little break in action needs to be sacrificed so that they can get it right.... I think most would have no problem with that.
                  With the dynamics in boxing I would not hold up the action waiting for a ruling, I would have a judge watching a monitor of the fight that can do an instant over rule like in Tennis, Ref calls KD judges over rules and calls slip.

If its a bit more complicate they call the ruling at the end of the round or end of next round.

I don't think it would very hard to have an accurate decision making system in boxing, trouble is they don't want it because the power players like Arum cannot fix fights and would be near impossible to buy a judge in a system like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Might be onto something.

Could have celebrities open those award show envelopes & give the scores round by round for a couple hours. .
                    So we can have Steve Harvey come out and say "whoops...sorry, Manny didn't win, it was actually Jeff Horn"?

LoL. . How do they determine if a judge is independent?.. Unless we get recognizable, experienced judges to review.
                    Exactly. Who are they going to get, CJ Ross? Then it wouldn't have been a unanimous, it would have been a majority decision with her ruling a draw.

Comment

So basically you're saying Skip Bayless is correct that Manny lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X