No announcement yet.

Sulaiman says he'll strip Canelo if he fights Trout and unifies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
    He should fight and grab another belt. Who cares about Sulaiman and his cronies.
    Yes he should. The ruling makes no sense. Champions are supposed to fight other champions and it's always been allowed. He is big in Mexico and maybe he is better off with Trout's tittle if he wins. He will gain more popularity and he can always fight the new WBC champion later.

Comment

If the WBC were forcing him to fight the absolute best of the best I would think their meddling was a god thing, but you know they have an agenda and that is to keep Chavez and Canelo as champions as long as possible.

I would rather see Canelo fight Lara then Trout, but I wouldn't be surprised if good ol Jose selects a blown up welter for him instead.

Comment

Fuck Sulaiman. I hope Canelo does it anyway, he won't have to pay their stupid fees if they strip him.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          They don't wanna give a guy who's not a big draw a chance at winning their title. It's all about $$$
          This. As ludicrous as it is, I think the WBC knows he has a shot and doesn't want him winning their title.

Comment

No no no, It's just the excuse to justify him ducking Trout. They'll conjure up an excuse for ducking Lara too, just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              No its probably because its not a welterweight

The WBC only like him facing welterweights
              no its because the wbc wants canela all to themselves. they dont want to share him with the wba

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Canelo needs an opponent like Cotto in order to make him a crossover star here in the states.
                He needs to learn to speak English like Cotto did.

Fighting the likes of Lara or Trout will do nothing for him from a marketing standpoint. Casual fans dont know who these guys are.
                They know Clottey.

Comment

Can Sulaiman and Arum just not be involved with boxing anymore? Please and thank you.

Comment

first the WBO doesn't sanction Pirog/Golovkin, and now this?? SMFH at these organizations.

Comment

Unless they want him to fight Lara or Cotto I don't see why the Trout fight wouldn't be acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                      X