Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devin Haney is the new Floyd, miles better than Shakur, Tank, Teofimo, King Ry, etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Looks good so far but like all young prospects we need to wait and see how he does against top competition.

It's not hard to look amazing against lack luster opponents.
    This^^^^^

While I like Haney I need to see him against better competition. I think the kid has skills but I have to see more. Seems to have a decent chin thus far but I've seen him hit too many times by left hooks. Needs to clean that defense up a bit

Comment

Boxing will remain great w/ all of these prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Wow that kid is classy!

I stayed up last night late to watch the US boxing, and I think the combination of watching boxing from the UK: some 9-1 Featherweight who Mick Hennessey claims is World class, Hughie Fury vs. a Canadian lumberjack, a powderpuff punch beat a man 0-6 with the commentators talking about him like he was Tyson. Then the boxing from the US, a fat Michael Hunter beating a nobody, a Drago-like Filip Hrgovic beating a nobody, at this point I was starting to feel depressed.

But holy dang. Watching a live performance of Devin Haney brought my spirits right back up! This fellow is a star in the making. So classy, so smooth and fluid and a good all around Boxer with a respectable amount of pop. Also humble, which makes a bloody big difference in this day and age.

If you haven't seen the fight from last night, I suggest you do so. I am going to be studying his resume closer on YouTube after I've been to the gym, maybe even have to dig out the password for my old WBVA account.

Devin Haney is something special.
        I just so happen to agree with you, Out of all the young prospects and contenders coming up; He is without exception the cream of the crop. That is not even the scary part about it.

The kid is only 20 years old, level headed and has a very bright future ahead of him. Which means he is only going to get better with time. He fights like he is the second coming of Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Comment

Floyd at the same sort of age and stage of his career (Tony Pep, Genaro, Manfredy) as Devin Haney was more polished and had more of a wow factor imo.

Devin is a good talent and will win world titles in 2-3 weight classes for sure but I’d be amazed if he achieved close to what Floyd did.

I think when Haney fights elite opposition his style will appear more crude and he’ll be outboxed.

Comment

Looks good so far but like all young prospects we need to wait and see how he does against top competition.

translation:

hes not floyd !

Comment

Vergil Ortiz jr is the best prospect in boxing!

He’s smashed down everyone even former champs!

Let’s have a Haney vs Ortiz jr fight then to
              Prove it !

Comment

This post has aged well (so far)!

Comment

You said he is the new Floyd, then you said he's classy...fail!

Comment

If I may dovetail off this post. I agree with you Dan. I am also a big fan of the kid and here are some things that bode well for him in my opinion.

This kid wants to fight and does not seem hung up on the goose egg. Too many fighters don't want to risk a loss, this kid seems wanting to fight them all, thats a great attitude.

As far as comparing him to other fighters at his stage? Well that is problematic. He may develop for the better, or the worse, we don't know that yet. So comparing him to Floyd is silly imo.

We do need to see him, as dan says, against better competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X