High Tech's deficiencies or things Lomachenko can't do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Tech's deficiencies or things Lomachenko can't do

He can't fight going backwards - Salido, Garry Russell and Lopez

He can't defend against body shots, however, he's very durable and tough...the shots that he absorbed from Salido above and below the belt during 12 rounds showed me how much of a dog Lomachenko is

He can't fight going to his left. You take his right side angles away and he comes at you through the center line and if you're willing to throw you will hit him.

He doesn't like to get hit. He runs and covers up a lot, and wants to attack you if you don't have advantages over him. That's why he's a second half fighter so your advantages of speed, timing and strength are decreased.

For an elite fighter he doesn't avoid punches by leaning back, he just slips, weaves under, blocks and uses footwork. He should lean back sometimes. Manny Pacquiao does it quite a bit.

While incredibly strong with the best conditioning in boxing, very focused, very quick he is just not a hard puncher.

He's very strong, conditioned, strong-willed, fast and he beats you by attrition. He doesn't have one punch that wows you. Roy Jones's left hook, Pacman's left hand, Kova's jab, GGG every punch, Crawford every punch.

Another weakness, way overconfident, smug and arrogant. Anybody could have a bad day and he had a bad day against Lopez.
    Last edited by pesticid; 10-20-2020, 08:59 AM.

Agreed with everything you said man. Above all, Loma does have grit, he tried hard to fight his way back into the fight but it was too late. And he is arrogant asf. Unsurprisingly that doesn’t get mentioned a lot.

Comment

His defensive responsibilites are tremendous. I rewatched the fight and a lot of punches I believed he was getting rocked with in the pocket he was actually blocking. He kept his hands up at all times in this fight.

Comment

He doesn't generate offense going backwards, that is true. That's why I was confident if Lopez would be able to back him up, Lomachenko would find it extremely difficult to get his offense going. But Lomachenko is tough as nails and can take a shot. Even when he was hurt in the 12th round, look how he tried to respond. Granted, the ref stopping the fight for the cut gave him some time, but dude certainly has a huge heart.

I keep saying it, but the conversation shouldn't be about Lomachenko and knocking him for what he didn't do, but of what Lopez DID do. Lomachenko is going to be just fine going forward and still give us some good fights. But this was about Lopez and how he called his shot TWO years ago.

Comment

Doesn't have a singular punch in his arsenal that makes you say "Soandso needs to watch out for said-punch", he has them in combinations but as lead punches, I don't see it. When you don't have a solid lead punch in your arsenal you become susceptible to lead punches and it's easier to get pushed back, it wasn't easy to expose this because Lomachenko has solid footwork but you need more than that.

Comment

he cant lead with his left hand effectively. he uses the jab or right hook to set it up.

Comment

Subpar footwork.

That ballerina of his doesn't work. Needs to pick up basketball if he wants real footwork. Those toothpick legs will be as big as Manny's calves in no time.

Loma gives the illusion of a godly footwork but it was mainly his upper body and head movements.

When compared to Manny, Loma has virtually no angles to speak of. You don't get caught by a punch when turning when you have angles.
              Last edited by RuleOfTheSpear; 10-20-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Good thread, I was shocked that any body shot that Teo threw seemed to land. Credit to Lopez Sr, the guy is an ahole but he did his homework.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                  Subpar footwork.

That ballerina of his doesn't work. Needs to pick up basketball if he wants real footwork. Those toothpick legs will be as big as Manny's calves in no time.

Loma gives the illusion of a godly footwork but it was mainly his upper body and head movements.

When compared to Manny, Loma has virtually no angles to speak of. You don't get caught by a punch when turning when you have angles.
                  His footwork is tremendous. You must not be considering that Lomachenko always has to get inside to work, and he does so with very good defense. If he could fight long he’d be near unbeatable. But no fighter is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    His defensive responsibilites are tremendous. I rewatched the fight and a lot of punches I believed he was getting rocked with in the pocket he was actually blocking. He kept his hands up at all times in this fight.
                    You're right on the money here but this is one of the reasons he can't fight going backwards, he is too concerned about covering any hole in his defense and because his arms are short and his torso is long he has a hard time blocking body shots while trying to remain defensively responsible.

Comment

Working...
                    X