Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Either Canelo or GGG beat Each other, they have the better single win the Pac/May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    It feels like you are posting this solely to minimize Floyd beating Manny. Manny was ranked higher p4p than GGG or Canelo is right now (not counting ESPN that has GGG#1). Floyd already beat a Prime Canelo so I don't know how GGG beating him would be better.
    Canelo looked drained to me in that fight.

Being completely unbiased.

Even just looking at his face alone in the weigh in and ring walk, he looked like a dead man. He can't even make 154, so 152 definitely hurt him.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-08-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Canelo isn't even on most peoples P4P lists. How could he be a better win than P4P #2 Pacquiao?

Comment

Floyd's greatest wins were against an undefeated Corrales and vs. a still close to prime Oscar at 154. The Hatton win is probably 3rd. Then a young bull like Canelo who had over 40 fights when they fought. The Pacquaio blowout was next which was on par with the Cotto win at 154. Mosely was P4P top 3 when he fought Mayweather too. The Castillo fights were great wins too seeing as no one wanted anything to do with JLC near that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          Canelo looked drained to me in that fight.

Being completely unbiased.

Even just looking at his face alone in the weigh in and ring walk, he looked like a dead man. He can't even make 154, so 152 definitely hurt him.
          I thought Canelo tried to outbox Floyd which was a mistake because Floyd is the much better boxer.I think Chavez made the same mistake Sat night against Canelo.

Comment

What this thread is really about is that Floyd haters can't stand the fact that Canelo might beat GGG and become the man for the next decade. They can't stand it because Floyd schooled a young bull in Canelo and that win looks better and better.

And they try to diminish the win because Canelo was young even though he was 42-0-1 at the time. Pathetic considering to a man they all were crying that Floyd would never fight a young bull like Canelo because he was afraid to lose.

If Canelo wins and goes onto dominate for the next decade, Floyd will have dominated 3 eras of the best near his weight classes. He'll have caught and dominated Oscar and Mosely at their ends, those guys were the boxers of note from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s. He dominated his own era with dominating wins over Hatton, Pacquaio, Marquez etc. If Canelo is the man for the next decade he''ll have dominated a guy who will rule boxing through the mid 2020s. That's fighters who dominated boxing for 30+ years that have each been schooled by Mayweather.

Heck, half the Canelo hate on here is simply Floyd haters not wanting to see his mammoth legacy grow any more.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
              This thread is pretty whack.

I do however, respect your opinion, however much I disagree with it, and don't feel the need to insult you.

The constant name calling on here is ridiculous.
              You know what, I was about to say a lot if mean things, but I'll follow your lead and disagree respectfully.

You can make that argument but Pac was number 3 in the P4P list when he beat him. That matters

Comment

The Pacquiao Mayweather beat was still a better fighter than either Alvarez or Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I thought Canelo tried to outbox Floyd which was a mistake because Floyd is the much better boxer.I think Chavez made the same mistake Sat night against Canelo.
                  I mean, that's Alvarez's style. It's why I always expected Mayweather to easily beat him. He's a boxer, and not nearly a good enough one to handle Mayweather at that point.

People kept wondering after that fight why Alvarez didn't walk through Mayweather and fight like JCC Sr. and it's because he was never going to. If they fought right now he wouldn't suddenly turn into that guy either.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    If Pacquiao won his victory would still be celebrated today. Mayweather was being called a coward and a fraud for years so of course his victory was significant. It was a clear victory but yet people are still crying about it.

Golovkin beating Canelo won't be better than Mayweather beating Canelo. We're already saw Golovkin get a questionable decision and for the first time he failed to get a KO so we know his time is coming.

Mayweather's victory is more significant but that's just my opinion and we're all entitled to our own.
                    Fact, people still have to whine about Floyd after 2 years retired shows how bitter and pissEd off they still are that he never lost....its awesome looking at the excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I mean, that's Alvarez's style. It's why I always expected Mayweather to easily beat him. He's a boxer, and not nearly a good enough one to handle Mayweather at that point.

People kept wondering after that fight why Alvarez didn't walk through Mayweather and fight like JCC Sr. and it's because he was never going to. If they fought right now he wouldn't suddenly turn into that guy either.
                      Agreed, which is also why I think people that expect Canelo/GGG to look like a Fri or Sat night fight from the LA Forum in the 70's or 80's are not really paying attention to what Canelo does in the ring.

As I posted in another thread his best and maybe only chance to beat GGG is jab and outbox him and even that will be tough given GGG is a very good boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X