Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Brook pull off the upset against Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Not sure why. Both guys are boxers and the fight will happen at mid range. No ref involvement whatsoever. Just like Pacquiao.
    well the ref should have been involved because floyd clinched and bent below the waist(both illegal) constantly in order to prevent pac from initiating offense. the interesting thing is brook is also a clincher so will they both decide to just fight on the outside or will one guy try to get closer knowing that he will be clinched up if he tries. things like that are interesting to "hardcore fans"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Retaliation. There's a difference.

Yanks all have solid chins doe. My sig proves that.
      Well he recovered very well. Dirrell has a pretty good chin in all honesty everything considered.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        well the ref should have been involved because floyd clinched and bent below the waist(both illegal) constantly in order to prevent pac from initiating offense. the interesting thing is brook is also a clincher so will they both decide to just fight on the outside or will one guy try to get closer knowing that he will be clinched up if he tries. things like that are interesting to "hardcore fans"
        Oh give it a rest daggum. Move on. 13 clinches in 12 rounds is not a clinch fest. It's just an excuse for crybabies.

Comment

pac outboxed floyd from distance from rounds 7-10 but obviously got no love from the judges because they automatically assumed that was floyd's way of fighting so they gave him the rounds even though pac landed the cleaner harder shots. I could see the same thing happening against brook but brook probably punches a bit harder so he might be able to stun floyd a bit more since that seems to be the only possible way to win a round against him. if you don't clearly hurt him he wins every round for some reason. either way floyd would win a decision even if he didn't deserve it. thats just how boxing works. brook can't defeat capitalism by himself.
          Genuinely worried for your mental state.

Comment

Brook is the new Thurman... Guy with 1-2 passable wins but with a catch... Fights at 147 where 1 passable win makes you Jesus

He might be elite but those of you pretending to know it yet are just taking a shot in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Retaliation. There's a difference.

Yanks all have solid chins doe. My sig proves that.
              retaliation? you starting a war with the mexicans now?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                Very good points daggum, we see through the BS, Pac put on a defensive masterclass.
                not sure if it was a masterclass but you can make a good argument he had the better defense. by my count floyd out landed him 109 to 100 but half of floyd's punches were jabs and a lot of floyd's punches weren't particularly clean where the majority of pacs were. pac was also slipping, blocking, pulling back from punches which are legal moves where as floyd was clinching and bending below the waist which are illegal and yet pac still landed the cleaner harder punches in a majority of the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  retaliation? you starting a war with the mexicans now?
                  Nope, just retaliated to trolling and ended up making the troll mad and upset - you know, the way I always do with you

Comment

I'm happy because it looks like Kelly is getting the fight but NOBODY from 147-154 has a genuine chance. 0.01% as someone mentioned above.

Comment

not sure if it was a masterclass but you can make a good argument he had the better defense. by my count floyd out landed him 109 to 100 but half of floyd's punches were jabs and a lot of floyd's punches weren't particularly clean where the majority of pacs were. pac was also slipping, blocking, pulling back from punches which are legal moves where as floyd was clinching and bending below the waist which are illegal and yet pac still landed the cleaner harder punches in a majority of the rounds.
                      This is the truth!

Group think doesn't take control of me, the fight was very close!

Comment

Working...
                      X