Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike McCallum Vs the Fab 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCallum was an ATG and a certified HOFer and deservedly so. Prime vs prime it's conceivable that he could beat them all but the only one I'd favor him to beat would be Duran and that's because of the size difference only. No knock on McCallum but I think the fab four were that good.

Comment

Duran - depends on the Duran. He was a bit more inconsistent at 154 and 160 but also had great performances. The Duran from the Moore, Hagler, Barkley fights would be 50/50 IMO.

Leonard - too quick, too fast, too good would beat him by 4-5 rounds.
      Hearns - I think would also be too good but I would give McCallum a good shot.

Hagler - prime Hagler I think would beat McCallum most convincingly of the four. Wide decision.

Mike was great but I think just a cut below that level. These guys were all-time greats probably all top 20-25 all-time and would dominate most era's.

Comment

He loses to all 4.

Comment

I'm presuming this is at Middleweight? If that's so than the only natural Middle of the Fab Four is Hagler. I'd pick Hagler in a war. Duran would be WAY over his natural weight so I can't see him beating McCallum at Middle. Leonard and Hearns were significantly better at Welter than at Middle and that's something of an equalizer. Leonard would maybe be a tossup. Hearns was always vulnerable to bodyshots (Someone remind me what McCallum's nickname was again?) so maybe that's an edge to McCallum.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
            I'm presuming this is at Middleweight? If that's so than the only natural Middle of the Fab Four is Hagler. I'd pick Hagler in a war. Duran would be WAY over his natural weight so I can't see him beating McCallum at Middle. Leonard and Hearns were significantly better at Welter than at Middle and that's something of an equalizer. Leonard would maybe be a tossup. Hearns was always vulnerable to bodyshots (Someone remind me what McCallum's nickname was again?) so maybe that's an edge to McCallum.
            I have always been of the mind that Mike would be more apt to beat Hearns from the aspect that I'm sure Tommy would try to box him, use the jab and control it but once Mike was able to get inside and force the action he would be in control. Hearns was great but he was able to be goaded into abandoning his gameplan and going to war and that's where Mike chops him down especially when it's apparent his right hand is about as effective as it was against Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by JayID View Post
              How would he have fared?

Mike Vs Leonard
              Mike Vs Hearns
              Mike Vs Hagler
              Mike Vs Duran.
              loses to hagler via late tko
              toys with duran
              wears down srl
              vs th its a toss up. can th land that bomb and can mike take it....

2-2, 3-1

Comment

McCallum was a CHAMPION fighter. I don't say that because he held championship belts. I say it because he had the mentality of a champion insofar as he would do whatever it took to get the job done and he had the tools to back it up.

Anyone who writes off such a guy is crazy.

So I'm not claiming he WOULD beat any of Duran, Hagler, Hearns & Leonard. But I have no doubts whatsoever that he COULD.

Comment

Hagler was an inept bafoon....
                  Mccallum stops him.....

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Acero View Post
                    Hagler was an inept bafoon....
                    Mccallum stops him.....
                    If it isn't the usual suspect.....

What's with the Hagler hate? Did him and his entourage run a train on your mom or something? Otherwise this misguided hatred of Hagler is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                      If it isn't the usual suspect.....

What's with the Hagler hate? Did him and his entourage run a train on your mom or something? Otherwise this misguided hatred of Hagler is ludicrous.
                      I wonder what you would say if Hagler was white......

I only mention this because of your pathetic and cowardly avatar...
                      Talk about not hiding your bias or your racism.

Usual suspect???????????

lol

Comment

Working...
                      X