Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Marquez KO'ing Manny, how does Floyd's Marquez Win Look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I am as Mexican as they get but I'm also a former fighter and current trainer. I have to call it like I see it and I do that in everything in my life.

I hate Floyd the person, I think he's a bad example for kids and for boxing in the way he acts and the way he presents himself.

As a fighter though, I would be a fool to think he's not great. He's one of the best fighters of our time and ALL time, it's just too bad he's not very smart and acts like a complete idiot.
    If some questions your nationality because you give an unbiased opinion, you should just ignore the fool.

Comment

It's a great, great win. The idea that size somehow mattered is a little silly, particularly since it's cancelled out by Floyd coming off a two-year layoff.

Comment

@Gold

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
        He came off a 2 year lay off and won basically every round against Marquez. Even marquez said the reason was because Floyd is too difficult to figure out.

After that, Marquez goes back to welterweight and fights Pacquiao to a MD loss and brutal KO win.

Has the win gotten better with age? Reminds me of Lewis' TKO6 over Vitali in a lot of ways.
        Vitali was beating on Lewis. Vitali sent Lewis into retirement.

How do the 2 remind you of eachother, they are nothing alike.

Floyd beat the old 'normal Marquez'

.... in all honesty, your poll is lacking ingenuity in your choices so I won't vote.

But i'd say the same I guess, because everybody knows JMM2.0 was juiced with Manny, but not with Floyd. So, the hardcore fans know the real deal, where as the casual fans might give Floyd more credit.

Marquez2.0 with PED power KO'd Manny .... your not quite thinking in the same ballfield as the rest of here Gold.

If Floyd rematches JMM2.0 we get a whole different fight than their first one. JMM2.0 with PED power will KO Floyd too. Angel Memo is on top of the latest flushing procedures and enzyme therepy, the tests will be negative no matter what. And JMM would be fully juiced for the rematch, bet your last dollar. JMM2.0 will be juiced for part 5 with Pacquiao too. Memo is on top his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post

.... in all honesty, your poll is lacking ingenuity in your choices so I won't vote.

But i'd say the same I guess, because everybody knows JMM2.0 was juiced with Manny, but not with Floyd. So, the hardcore fans know the real deal, where as the casual fans might give Floyd more credit.

Marquez2.0 with PED power KO'd Manny .... your not quite thinking in the same ballfield as the rest of here Gold.

If Floyd rematches JMM2.0 we get a whole different fight than their first one. JMM2.0 with PED power will KO Floyd too. Angel Memo is on top of the latest flushing procedures and enzyme therepy, the tests will be negative no matter what. And JMM would be fully juiced for the rematch, bet your last dollar. JMM2.0 will be juiced for part 5 with Pacquiao too. Memo is on top his stuff.

Comment

obviously is going to look a lot better now that Marquez is a lot more comfortable at the weight.

Comment

@imdazed

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              It's a great, great win. The idea that size somehow mattered is a little silly, particularly since it's cancelled out by Floyd coming off a two-year layoff.
              Really dazed, really?

Floyd who was already a JMW(154lb) champ previously before, fought a blown up lightweight(135lb) guy.

.... evened out by Floyd's layoff of 2 years?

Really dazed? Really? If we were talking about Ricky Hatton here I might agree with you, but, Mayweather doesn't balloon up to 210lbs between fights or during a layoff. Floyd is always in shape year round. After a 2 year layoff he will look the same as he always does - It isn't cancelled out as you say. Thats absurd.

Fight night JMM weighed in at 143 and he looked fat and out of shape for a WW(147lb) fight, fight night Floyd unofficially weighed around 153 and looked ripped and fit as he ever has.

Basically you had a healthy 153lb guy beating the crap out of a fat 135lb'r on fight night.

So, children, lets please not 'fake the funk' here.

I do however, welcome a Floyd vs JMM2.0 with PEDs REMATCH.

I think it would be a great fight with a different result. Memo will be onpoint with his designer PEDs, JMM's tests will come back negative, and JMM will KO Floyd just like Manny.

..... Heres to the rematch

Comment

Really dazed, really?

Floyd who was already a JMW(154lb) champ previously before, fought a blown up lightweight(135lb) guy.

Really dazed? Really? If we were talking about Ricky Hatton here I might agree with you, but, Mayweather doesn't balloon up to 210lbs between fights or during a layoff. Floyd is always in shape year round. After a 2 year layoff he will look the same as he always does - It isn't cancelled out as you say. Thats absurd.

Fight night JMM weighed in at 143 and he looked fat and out of shape for a WW(147lb) fight, fight night Floyd unofficially weighed around 153 and looked ripped and fit as he ever has.

Basically you had a healthy 153lb guy beating the crap out of a fat 135lb'r on fight night.

I think it would be a great fight with a different result. Memo will be onpoint with his designer PEDs, JMM's tests will come back negative, and JMM will KO Floyd just like Manny.

And another alt/alias added to my ignore list.

Comment

Really dazed, really?

You're lying again. Where are your sources for their fight night weights?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                    It was a cherry pick.

Right pick at the right time.

Marquez coming up to WW for the first time in his career. Mayweather returning against the smaller man. Mayweather had every physical and stylistic advantage possible. Mayweather cheats Marquez on the scales and then pays the fee. Marquez has no conditioning coach to gain weight the proper way. He looks soft in the middle and has a muffintop over his trunks. Mayweather lets the smaller man be the aggressor all night. He wins in a UD. People laugh that he couldn't KO a lightweight despite having every advantage possible.

That's how it looks.
                    No way around it. Floyd should be trashed like every other fighter cherry picking smaller fighters from lower weight divisions and cheating on catch weight. It is not something to be proud of, more a thing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Lulz. Mayweather would shut Marquez out again.

Comment

Working...
                      X