Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin made all his supporters fools yet we still have some defending him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Nelo outboxed him in the 1st fight then beat the "Mexican Style" out of him in the 2nd fight.
    I respectfully disagree...think GGG won both pretty clearly, 8-4

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      As I've asked before, if the demand of 164 was an indication that Golovkin and his team didn't actually want the fight, wouldn't Cotto's and Canelo's demand of anything around 155 be just the same? Cotto was willing to fight Sergio at 159 and Geale at 157 and Canelo could miraculously jump to 164.5 for Chavez but 160 was asking for too much?
      Great post

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        If everyone follows the weight rules as laid out by the Alphabet groups then there is a somewhat level playing field. That way we know who is the best I that weight class(if they actually fight). It's not perfect but it's consistent Boxers can get big money for cutting weight and I can't blame them. I don't consider catchweights fights for titles legitimate. I've felt that way since Donny Lalonde fought SRR for two titles in one fight. It was a great fight and I'm glad I saw it but I didn't consider Leonard a true 175 pound champion when he beat Lalonde. That's my own personal view.
        Good post. I can respect your points.

I think when Crawford was fighting at 135, he used to weigh in 156 on fight night.

Anyone with functioning eyes can see Hurd and that guy who beat Williams last aren't true 154 pounders, they should fight at lightheavy.

By the way, I don't recognize the crooked belt orgs.

Comment

lil g ducked Lara, B-Hop, S.O.G., D-Chenko (at the time), Jermall & Andrade.
          Lara lol...forgot about that narrative. Only a handful of bag lickers on here rolled with that one. Nobody has ducked charlo, ever...in fact he’s the one who’s ducking fighters if anything.

Comment

Nothing EVER changed with golovkin, he ducked & dodged people to get to Nelo & it worked with the media & weak fan bases help. He's STILL doing the SAME THING
            Actually it's the other way around. Canelo came to him. Golovkin got the fight at the weight he wanted. He made some concessions to get the fight made or else Canelo would have delsyed it as long as he could. Canelo couldn't hang out at 155 pounds because he was getting older and cutting weight was too hard. He pretty much had to move up to 160. Public interest/pressure made the Golovkin fight inevitable. Everybody knew those two were going to meet up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Good post. I can respect your points.

I think when Crawford was fighting at 135, he used to weigh in 156 on fight night.

Anyone with functioning eyes can see Hurd and that guy who beat Williams last aren't true 154 pounders, they should fight at lightheavy.

By the way, I don't recognize the crooked belt orgs.
              They are crooked for sure. No argument from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                One thing people tend to forget about a prime Golovkin is his ability to cut/injure guys. Multiple opponents throughout the years were stopped due to cuts and injuries or had cuts before ultimately getting stopped. That kind of power is always a game changer. He's still heavy handed enough to cut guys, as he did with Both Canelo and Derev but that snap that he used to have made his punches so much more devastating.
                Yeah cuz he can't box for shet! On top of THAT D.Wilder can box way better than punk-g.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                  The bigger question would be why do you care?

I still like the dude even though I couldn't be bothered watching his shittier fights and have been deeply critical of his opponent selection in a few cases. Fighters say shit that ends up not happening on the regular and good fights don't happen all the time - more often than not in fact, and I sure as fuck wouldn't stop following another fighter because he fell short of his goals or even didn't try as hard as he might to get 'em, so why would I particularly care about Golovkin? More interestingly why would you? You ain't even a fan...

I like watching the dude fight when he got someone decent in front of him and that's pretty much all that matters to me... all the rest can be spun as you please. You say he was lying from the start, I reckon his priorities just changed, though TBH I don't care much either way.
                  So you liked watching 2 fights of his huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    You boxing scene little ******s ****ing make me laugh. Get off of this ****ing forum and do something with your life.
                    Look its a pvssy-g stan ^

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      I respectfully disagree...think GGG won both pretty clearly, 8-4
                      Prove it. Give me the punches landed in each round with the time on the rounds. GO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxwlgUrJBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib0TXUr0rSw

Comment

Working...
                      X