Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I'm A (Network) Free Agent; I Can Fight Anyone, Anywhere!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder: I'm A (Network) Free Agent; I Can Fight Anyone, Anywhere!

Deontay Wilder is so determined to finalize plans for a rematch with Tyson Fury, that he won't allow any development to serve as a roadblock. Even if it means fighting outside of a platform he's proudly represented since its inception. From the moment their memorable 12-round heavyweight title fight at Los Angeles' famed Staples Center ended in a stalemate last December, the two sides immediately began discussing plans for a desired rematch. Insider indications suggested talks were far enough along to where an official announcement was forthcoming.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-19-2019, 12:27 AM.

Hopefully that's the case and the fight can be made. Money will talk at the end of the day.

I'm sure Haymon advises some fighters that are fighting on DAZN, so the PBC thing and their networks might not be as big a stumbling block as we think.

Comment

Shelley Finkel has come out and said they have no problem doing a split Showtime/ESPN ppv as well.

If the rematch doesn't happen next it won't be because of the Wilder side.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Shelley Finkel has come out and said they have no problem doing a split Showtime/ESPN ppv as well.

If the rematch doesn't happen next it won't be because of the Wilder side.
        Wilder isn't signed with Showtime. So why involve them at all? That's just causing a problem.

Comment

There is a purse bid just call it and fight on DAZN for all we care

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Wilder isn't signed with Showtime. So why involve them at all? That's just causing a problem.
            PBC is signed to showtime wilder and Espinoza could put it on paper but PBC want the option to put their fighters on CBS and Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              PBC is signed to showtime wilder and Espinoza could put it on paper but PBC want the option to put their fighters on CBS and Fox
              Wilder himself says he can fight wherever. Showtime doesn't need to be involved. Fury-Wilder in the UK would still do massive money.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                wilder isn't signed to pbc or showime. he's a free agent free to fight on any network.

Comment

Wilder himself says he can fight wherever. Showtime doesn't need to be involved. Fury-Wilder in the UK would still do massive money.
                  That time would be awful for ESPN though for the money they are paying... and the contract is that he will fight in the US
                  Last edited by Bmore18; 02-18-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Fury has to fight twice this year in the US so...

Comment

Working...
                    X