Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones responds to Cain Velasquez, says ‘my heavyweight days are inevitable’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Jones responds to Cain Velasquez, says ‘my heavyweight days are inevitable’

Jon Jones admires Cain Velasquez’s chutzpah, but don’t think he’s giving the two-time UFC champion a chance to beat him just yet.

Velasquez, who makes his return to the Octagon this Sunday at UFC on ESPN 1, was recently asked by TMZ Sports how he thinks he’d fare against Jones should Jones ever make an oft-speculated move to heavyweight and he answered that he felt he was “good enough” to be the man to hand Jones his first true defeat.

Those comments made their way to Jones and he put together an Instagram post to respond to Velasquez’s assessment of the fantasy matchup.

“Your confidence is going to have to be on lock in order to beat me my guy,” Jones wrote. “Can’t be talking about ‘I think I can.’ I feed off picograms of self-doubt, and I can smell it from miles away.”

Jones’s next fight will be a defense of his light heavyweight title against Anthony Smith at UFC 235 on March 2. The 31-year-old has mentioned multiple times the possibility of moving up in weight and he teased that possibility again on Friday.

“For now let’s just focus on the fights ahead of us,” Jones wrote. “My heavyweight days are inevitable.”

Yeah sure NOW he wants to be a heavyweight. When Daniel Cormier is about to retire, so Jones can easily avoid him at that weight. Real punk move there.

Comment

One way or another, we'll get our Jones vs. Cormier 3

Comment

Probably not at heavyweight until Daniel is way past prime or Jones can juice up or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Probably not at heavyweight until Daniel is way past prime or Jones can juice up or both.
          Time is running out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Time is running out for sure.
            I like the Jones stipe match up a lot

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              I like the Jones stipe match up a lot
              Stipe seems to be begging for DC

Comment

jon jones at heavyweight?

now that is something that is many years too late

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Yeah sure NOW he wants to be a heavyweight. When Daniel Cormier is about to retire, so Jones can easily avoid him at that weight. Real punk move there.
                  I'm sure he's scared of a guy he's had his way with 2 times now. That extra fat dc carries isn't gonna change the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                    I'm sure he's scared of a guy he's had his way with 2 times now. That extra fat dc carries isn't gonna change the outcome
                    How about at heavyweight with no PEDs, since he keeps testing positive? Or let Cormier use the same stuff.
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 03-10-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X