No announcement yet.

New fight night potentially

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fight night potentially

So did a bit of searching and apparently Eddie Hearn has been in contact with ea to reprise a fight night game ,not surprised as it would most likely heavily feature his star Anthony Joshua but also because he has American ties now

Also the new ufc3 game is the final one in their contract with all three if games not selling as much as fight night champion

And apparently they just brought out DLC characters of Andre bishop and Isaac frost from the original fight night champion

Plus this month apparently fight night champion was free on xbox live gold

To me it feels like they're trying to gather or assess interest
    Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-01-2019, 08:46 PM.

Plenty of Fight Night Champion videos have filled my recommended videos on YouTube lately. For whatever that is worth.

Comment

EA is in big financial trouble so I expect them to go with whatever games will be the most profitable.

Comment

I often think that a reason EA don’t bother with Fight Night is because of the expense and hassle of having to negotiate with and licence boxers individually. If they can make a deal with Hearn to licence all Matchroom fighters then it might give them incentive to finally make another.

Comment

Originally posted by Targaryen View Post
          I often think that a reason EA don’t bother with Fight Night is because of the expense and hassle of having to negotiate with and licence boxers individually. If they can make a deal with Hearn to licence all Matchroom fighters then it might give them incentive to finally make another.

EA has done it before, so you know it's more than possible to make a boxing game with a huge list of boxers. But considering how much cheaper it is to build an MMA game with UFC's roster instead individually paying boxers to use their likeness, I can see why they went that route.

It just sucks for Fight Night fans like us.

Comment

Anyone still play the last one? Let me know if you fancy a game on xbox.

I think (no proof) the UFC made EA agree to no new boxing game so that their games would have less competition. The X360/PS3 era was much better for combat games, we had multiple Fight Nights, THQ UFC, EA MMA (playable fun) Bellator game (really poor), Don King's boxing game (a bit crap but some fun and a lot of name boxers) and that Facebreaker game that was shite but something to play for a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Anyone still play the last one? Let me know if you fancy a game on xbox.

I think (no proof) the UFC made EA agree to no new boxing game so that their games would have less competition. The X360/PS3 era was much better for combat games, we had multiple Fight Nights, THQ UFC, EA MMA (playable fun) Bellator game (really poor), Don King's boxing game (a bit crap but some fun and a lot of name boxers) and that Facebreaker game that was shite but something to play for a day or two.

Yeah, surprisingly there are still a lot of players on the PS3 network actually. It's easy to find a match at HW. MW and LW is a bit harder to find.

I play once in awhile. I get my ass kicked.

Comment

Working...
              X