Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-19-2018, 09:50 AM #1
Interim Champion

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Banko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these partsBanko Villas is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,854.00
Thumbs down I'm sick of boxing

Now, before y'all start saying "boxing doesn't need you!" or "just watch another sport", then understand, that I actually love boxing. It's a big passion of mine. I'm just so sick and tired of all these useless weight classes separated by less than 10 lbs, all of these belts being in play at once and everyone ducking everyone. Boxers are so protected that it's hard to justify and even harder to enjoy...

Why not be a bit more like UFC? More logical weight divisions, 1 relevant belt, the best being obliged to fight the best? Boxing is just becoming worse and worse...

Soon, we will have 6 belts and possibly even a 164 lbs division, a 158 lbs division and other stupid ****, instead of just going 150-160-170-180, etc.
Banko Villas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-19-2018, 10:45 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3397 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 51,103.86
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banko Villas View Post

Why not be a bit more like UFC? More logical weight divisions, 1 relevant belt, the best being obliged to fight the best? Boxing is just becoming worse and worse...
UFC paydays: six figures.

Boxing paydays: 7/8/9 figures.

UFC fighters are increasingly wanting to box. Heather Hardy and her double-fight situation.

The reality is, while fans may love UFC's approach of forced opposition, it gives no quarter for guys to negotiate for the paydays they feel they should get for dangerous sports.

Fans may not like that but, when you got guys like Holyfield who got kicked out of his mansion for non-payment and Iran Barkley working at a candy shop living on public housing, these newer fighters are going to seek big paydays. As stupid as it is.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:06 AM #3
The best MW ever

Quoted: 5075 Post(s)
Red Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 22,969.00
Nice betting with you - Jloro Thanks for being honest - mathed one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland 
Your the man!! =P - Elroy1 Canelo!! - KO MX Good lookin' out. - Jalisciense909 have a slice - sugarsmosley No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. For thinking Whitaker vs Chavez was close. - BrushMyHair! for many excellent posts - Freedom. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER 
Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office that sig bro.. lol - FlatLine War RED CYCLONE! - King Krusher keep up the excellent posting - Freedom. One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Send a message via MSN to Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
UFC paydays: six figures.

Boxing paydays: 7/8/9 figures.

UFC fighters are increasingly wanting to box. Heather Hardy and her double-fight situation.

The reality is, while fans may love UFC's approach of forced opposition, it gives no quarter for guys to negotiate for the paydays they feel they should get for dangerous sports.

Fans may not like that but, when you got guys like Holyfield who got kicked out of his mansion for non-payment and Iran Barkley working at a candy shop living on public housing, these newer fighters are going to seek big paydays. As stupid as it is.
Which is of no relevance to us as boxing fans, our fighters getting paid more doesn't mean much if anything it creates a strain on big fights actually being made to happen.

Being paid a milly or two is a big deal a very big deal, but we often have boxers acting like its chump change, is that really a good thing for the sport?
I for one don't think so, it seems like the UFC still has a working class type of fighter in amongst its very top ranks people who are passionate about their love for the sport with boxing its often I get the feeling money is the be-all and end-all of most of the top guys.
Red Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM #4
Banned

Quoted: 2672 Post(s)
McNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond reputeMcNulty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 23,011.55
Stick this tampon into your bleeding cunt - Turd Best Ever McSaltyNut is a fool for create an identical thread - Outworn McSaltyNut is a FAG!! - Outworn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banko Villas View Post
Now, before y'all start saying "boxing doesn't need you!" or "just watch another sport", then understand, that I actually love boxing. It's a big passion of mine. I'm just so sick and tired of all these useless weight classes separated by less than 10 lbs, all of these belts being in play at once and everyone ducking everyone. Boxers are so protected that it's hard to justify and even harder to enjoy...

Soon, we will have 6 belts and possibly even a 164 lbs division, a 158 lbs division and other stupid ****, instead of just going 150-160-170-180, etc.
Later tater!

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:46 AM #5
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 17551 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,822.33
Total Points: 82,611.78
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

I can understand that. I HATE how boxing operates myself.

Too many weight divisions, specifically too many lil guy divisions. Too many belts. Too much abc bs. Fights you wanna see don't happen enough. Judges f#cking up outcomes. I think plenty of people have drifted from boxing already because of one or more of the above or other dumb sh^t f#cking up the sport. I think thats why boxing gets more & more niche every year.

2017 was a nice year & there are things in play now that could trend things back the right way, but there is so much wrong with the structure of professional boxing it'd still take a decade to fully turn things around if that positive trend continued.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:25 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3397 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 51,103.86
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfknGGGtime View Post
Which is of no relevance to us as boxing fans, our fighters getting paid more doesn't mean much if anything it creates a strain on big fights actually being made to happen.

Being paid a milly or two is a big deal a very big deal, but we often have boxers acting like its chump change, is that really a good thing for the sport?
I for one don't think so, it seems like the UFC still has a working class type of fighter in amongst its very top ranks people who are passionate about their love for the sport with boxing its often I get the feeling money is the be-all and end-all of most of the top guys.
Don't selective quote. I said:

Quote:

That's the salient point here. UFC has more moonlighting Uber drivers than boxing.

John Alessio: [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Sheymon Moraes:

Cezar Ferreira:

Tim Johnson:

That's just off the surface.

Look, I get it. You respect the "working class" mentality. But these guys are putting their lives on the line for fans. There's no excuse for some software developer out in California or Washington State sitting in a climate controlled office making $150k/year when some of these guys barely crack 5 figures a fight.

Now, I do think some C-levels are asking for too much money when they haven't earned it, but when you're a world champion barely making $100k/year? That's BS.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:38 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1209 Post(s)
BreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond reputeBreWall has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,088.49
Total Points: 12,322.18

Quote:
But these guys are putting their lives on the line for fans.
Makes me chuckle whenever fake fans say such thing. Who actually cares other than those directly involved? You should switch to tennis or something. You don't belong in this sport. If you're okay with mismatches, then you're just fooling yourself you care about these people. You might as well say you only care about the top guys, and don't give a crap about the Salkas of the world, the over-the-hill Rioses, etc. That's what most fights compose of these days. They're too predictable.

These boxers can get out of the sport anytime they want. Nobody forced them to choose it as a career.
BreWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM #8
Banned

Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
yngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,196.00

I mean is not like MMA is perfect with their divisions, there are many good fighter that are just unable to cut to 155 yet too undersized to fight at 170.
yngwie is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, sick

User Tag List