No announcement yet.

Arum Says Fury's ESPN Deal Is Not for £80 Million, Says 'That's B*ll*****'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    What does that have to do with the other?

In your thread we're talking about Arums words not matching his actions.

In this thread we're talking about media reports that were never confirmed by Arum, Warren, ESPN, nor Fury.

There is no correlation.

But if you want to believe Fury's deal is worth that much then do you bro.
    So this thread isn't about Arums words? What are you smoking?

You're complaining about me making a thread about Arums words, saying he's a liar. You're doing the same damn thing right here. Difference is this is what you agree with.

Didn't you also make a thread yesterday about Arums words?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      So this thread isn't about Arums words? What are you smoking?

You're complaining about me making a thread about Arums words, saying he's a liar. You're doing the same damn thing right here. Difference is this is what you agree with.
      Your thread is about Arum's words matching his previous actions

My thread is about Arum confirming a report that was put out by the media as facts.

If you can't understand the difference between the two then this is the end of the conversation. I'm done

Comment

Your thread is about Arum's words matching his previous actions

My thread is about Arum confirming a report that was put out by the media as facts.

If you can't understand the difference between the two then this is the end of the conversation. I'm done
        Either Arums a liar and you can't believe what he says or he's not. You can't pick and choose what suits you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Either Arums a liar and you can't believe what he says or he's not. You can't pick and choose what suits you.
          The discussion is over

Comment

Why tf would any network pay Fury 80M? I knew it was a lie when it was first reported.
            Fury is not exciting to the casual fans like Joshua or Wilder hes a better boxer that’s about it. Most of the public doesn’t pay Heavyweights to see pitty pat punches, sticking out tongue with hands behind your back, and air antics. They want explosion. This was a clear duck he could’ve waited until after the Wilder fight to sign a contract. Furthermore, that is just plain ol bad buisness you don’t string someone alone like that then brag about how the other side didn’t see it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Why tf would any network pay Fury 80M? I knew it was a lie when it was first reported.
              Fury is not exciting to the casual fans like Joshua or Wilder hes a better boxer that’s about it. Most of the public doesn’t pay Heavyweights to see pitty pat punches, sticking out tongue with hands behind your back, and air antics. They want explosion. This was a clear duck he could’ve waited until after the Wilder fight to sign a contract. Furthermore, that is just plain ol bad buisness you don’t string someone alone like that then brag about how the other side didn’t see it coming.
              Fury would generate more subscriptions to ESPN in the long run it pays off and a Wilder fight on ESPN with him does at least 30 million with proper promotion this time.

You keep insinuating its a duck when Arum said as well as Wilder himself he's able to fight Fury anywhere, you guys need to seek help!

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                Fury would generate more subscriptions to ESPN in the long run it pays off and a Wilder fight on ESPN with him does at least 30 million with proper promotion this time. :
                What was the last Top Rank PPV to do 325k or higher?

Comment

What was the last Top Rank PPV to do 325k or higher?
                  Someone's triggered, look out a Wilder fan on the attack.....

Comment

That makes all the sense in the world because for ESPN to pay Fury $100mil then he would have to do a minimum of at least 1.5 mil pay pay views a fight. In order to break even or recover some of the costs.

Which is very unreasonable and unrealistic in this economy where there is hardly any demand for boxing anymore. Especially as compared to what boxing was 20 years ago when it was mainstream.

So the old coot isn't as crazy after all. He understands the U.S. Boxing market but Eddie Hearn doesn't.

Why would he pour money down a bottomless hole against an unproven fighter, with a shitty style, unstable, unpredictable, who is not even a cash cow or a box office draw with casual fans that can't put enough meat in the seats?

Comment

Just for fun back when Pacquiao and Marquez were fighting for “top rank” when they picked up their second checks did you call those top ranked second checks or “Arum” second checks?

And what is the term you used for Terence Crawford’s “second checks” now?

Comment

Working...
                      X