Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
    I don’t think you can call Fury’s decision “dubious”. You shouldn’t criticise a fighter for making any decision which makes them far richer than they already are - the path they’ve chosen is too hard to begrudge them that.
    If Fury signed his deal, on the pretense that he can then sucker Wilder over to ESPN, after turning down a legit 50/50 split on the Wilder rematch, to call Fury's move anything but "dubious" would be daft.

If Fury really did get $100m over his next 5 fights, on a straight deal, congrats to his family indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rckdees View Post
      Until there’s one governing body to oversee this farce that’s become boxing and cretins like scumbag gaymon retired or out of the game this circus will continue
      until corrupt al gaymon is dead and the attempt to monopolize boxing stops the sport will remain a circus

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        So you said ALL that to say Arum did indeed offer a five fight deal with the rematch NOT happening next. Okay then, could have saved a lot of time there.

What I'm saying is, Wilder ISN'T going to take a five fight deal so let's see if Arum throws out another offer, but this time just for the Fury fight. Only person who seems to want to delay the rematch is Arum with his quotes and this supposed contract he sent over. Maybe he comes back with a new offer today with the Fury fight happening next, who knows.
        Wilder doesn't have to take a five fight deal, again it's an option, don't you know what options are ? Wilder can fight Fury , only his fans like spinning things.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Wilder fans are incredibly stupid. Wilder said himself that he's a free agent but Wilder fans don't want him to fight Fury on ESPN.
          End thead!

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
            I haven't read many of his articles thats all, it's nice to hear he's reliable though so i'll take that into account.
            I'd like to see some more reporting on it since to me its a massive road block in the deal (compared to the 2 fight deal Arum discuss') which would be in the wider news and the fact the only reporting is here, despite the author crediting multiple sources, is worrisome

I really do want the fight to happen but the postering from both sides is poisonous sometimes, this includes Fury and AJ (& their teams)
            Honestly, not sure if I'd say Wilder's side has been doing much posturing for the rematch. It was Fury's side who weren't negotiating in good faith by holding the ESPN deal as a secret for so long. And Fury has every right to take that deal as it seems like a great financial decision. However, they probably should have mentioned that was on tap when it first started being discussed knowing it was going to create some roadblocks. A deal like that doesn't just get put together in a day or even a week. That is weeks in the making and if Wilder's side knew ahead of time, potentially they turn their attention to Joshua.

Still, the rematch can still happen. I haven't heard Wilder or his team say they are going in another direction. There very well could be a contract sent over for the Fury rematch to happen next. Let's see how this plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikedadon View Post
              I wonder what the original purse split for wilder and fury was in the first fight. I don't think its on record.
              If the split of the guarantee is any indication, 58/42 Wilder looks to be the mark.

Comment

• Quote:
                Originally Posted by BennyBlanco
                Wilder makes $3 - 3.5M per fight. $3.5M for Ortiz.

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                I usually prefer chocolate milk shakes over Vanilla , sometimes I'll request both mixed to even out the flavor. Then there's always a Coffee one which is my favorite . I should really just buy a protein powder and make my own at the house . Throw some bananas in it , maybe some mango fruit?
                This is the response you get from a fruit with a low IQ. Makes stuff up as they go and cant even come up with an intelligent argument. You're so lamb with your weak response. Go spin that and put yourself in the blender and then spin that some more. Your looney one at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  Wilder doesn't have to take a five fight deal, again it's an option, don't you know what options are ? Wilder can fight Fury , only his fans like spinning things.
                  Okay, so are you now saying another offer was sent for Wilder to fight Fury next and there wasn't a five fight contract sent over? Where in the article does it say that was just an option and the contract sent over allows for the rematch to happen next with no further options?

This is not me spinning anything. Just going off what the damn thread is about. For the 10000th time, maybe another offer was sent either today or sometime yesterday that is different than the one sent on Wednesday. Because what Idec is saying, the offer on Wednesday was a five fight contract. If someone else or even Idec is now reporting something else, please feel free to post it here. Because this is all we have to go off of.

Comment

Honestly, not sure if I'd say Wilder's side has been doing much posturing for the rematch. It was Fury's side who weren't negotiating in good faith by holding the ESPN deal as a secret for so long. And Fury has every right to take that deal as it seems like a great financial decision. However, they probably should have mentioned that was on tap when it first started being discussed knowing it was going to create some roadblocks. A deal like that doesn't just get put together in a day or even a week. That is weeks in the making and if Wilder's side knew ahead of time, potentially they turn their attention to Joshua.

Still, the rematch can still happen. I haven't heard Wilder or his team say they are going in another direction. There very well could be a contract sent over for the Fury rematch to happen next. Let's see how this plays out.
                    Personally I do think they're all as bad as the other but other than that i agree completely

I feel the next 5 years could be the most exciting the heavyweight division has been in a long time, fingers crossed all these fights happen.

Comment

Okay, so are you now saying another offer was sent for Wilder to fight Fury next and there wasn't a five fight contract sent over? Where in the article does it say that was just an option and the contract sent over allows for the rematch to happen next with no further options?

This is not me spinning anything. Just going off what the damn thread is about. For the 10000th time, maybe another offer was sent either today or sometime yesterday that is different than the one sent on Wednesday. Because what Idec is saying, the offer on Wednesday was a five fight contract. If someone else or even Idec is now reporting something else, please feel free to post it here. Because this is all we have to go off of.
                      That's the point it's left out. It won't matter anyway you Wilder fans will just roll with what you want.

Pillow fists said it perfectly read his post on the previous page 16 , I'll end it there.
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-22-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X