Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alberto Machado: I Felt Weak in There, I Think I Need To Move Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude is 5'10" he definitely needs to move up. Don't know how much success he'll have at 135, lot of talent in that division, but 130 is small for a guy that tall.

Comment

Something definitely wrong with him! That guy is a bum ! He wasn't the same! He is too big for that weight he could be a super welter move up!

Comment

My first impression was that he just wasn’t mentally tough enough to weather a storm brought by a man who wanted to win more than he did.

Maybe it was as he says, I can’t say. I’m not sure if he he knows for sure either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science_ View Post
          I'd rather hear him say I got caught with a great body shot and couldn't recover. That first straight right to the gut took his soul. Had nothing to do with being a weight bully.
          Blind or never watched the fight? He was folding since round 2. Even first round with KO he wasn't shining full of life.

Comment

Actually I watched the fight. Didn't seem weight drained when he scored a knock down and tried to follow up. Thanks for your expert opinion lol. He got folded like a lawn chair and never recovered.

Comment

To be fair he really did look off in there..... no disrespect to Cancio, but that did not look like that guy that stormed back against Corrales to me. Crumbled so easily.

Comment

Machado needs to work in his defense, he should link up with Rigo’s coach or Pedro Diaz cuz he didn’t look comfortable fighting off the back foot!

His defense is his main problem and it just looked like he quit which could be an even bigger problem!

Comment

This kid is phuking massive. His own camp spent most of last year talking about moving up and last week said by end of this year they planned to move up. Just for comparison he's signed with Miguel Cotto but look how small Cotto looks and Cotto never fought lower then 140 as a pro and went as high as middleweight. This kid has a much larger frame and is sacrificing his body to get down to 130 that has to take something out of you. It's time for him to move up

Comment

Nothing to be ashamed Champ, move up and show the world that u a world class fighter.

Comment

He looked off, but it's hard to say how much of it was weight making related vs Cancio related.

Comment

Working...
                      X