Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas: Wilder Doesn't Know How To Fight; Exposed Again For No Fundamentals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    I disagree, Wilder can fight and has some skills but he neglected them ever since he got more popular and fell in love with his power!

If you watch some of his past fights that no one talks about he actually threw combinations and fought on the inside well!

He just wasn’t prepared for a much bigger man being that aggressive and who fought that dirty!

Now he knows that one punch alone can’t do it so he’ll need to knock Fury out by accumulation and punishment which could prove worse than knocking Fury out!

He’s capable of turning things around, people are counting him out too early as if he’s a nobody!

Fury changed everything up and his entire style which means he knew how serious of a threat Wilder is!
    Thanx, I needed that..lol!...Wlad, Haye, Usyk Lennox etc., have given Wilder his props. Two of em' even sparred with him and sang his praises.... I'm not an Atlas fan. I'm basically just happy for him and his time with Cus in the Catskills under his tutelage - thats really the only reason I ever care to hear him out. But to me, he's too emotional and psychologically jumbled in his training methods - I can only see a train wreck if he ends up "training" Ruiz or any other heavyweight at this stage of his "know it all" tenure.

Plus, he's gonna have spittle flying all over Ruizs face when he shouts his wierd motivational advice in between rounds..lol...Something in the realm of, "youre losin' the fight kid!..do you wanna break your mothers heart?!..youre letting her down..she's on the phone!,..I'm gonna let you talk to her....hey, (whoevers he's calling out to) bring me the phone!"....Thats just silly and embecilic to me - they know who their mothers are and how "disinterested" they'd be about the fight..lol....it did NOT help his fighters when he used the strategy (funny, I was talking to Mark Breland about that years ago and he agreed with me and said in a joking way, "who's paying for that call?")....

Tyson CHEATED TWICE, so he sure as hell saw something in Wilder he NEEDED to cheat for....Wilder aint THAT bad like all the Teddy Atlases out there would have people believe.....Btw, talk to Lennox, Wlad, Hearns etc., about Emmanual Steward and how impressed they are/were about his mind skill development to psych out opponents......And Cus D'Amato! Those guys to me are trainer extraordinaires (as well as a few others)!! they had a grasp on practical/basics on what it takes to be a champ and knew how to employ it like a "dad".....Not like all the Teddy Atlas bickering and losing his temper when disagreed with.....even to the point of him losing his gig.....I'm pretty sure he's not as bad as I think.....but I'll pass, then I'll pass again....

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
      My sentiments exactly. Dudes on here seriously believe that watching boxing for years (or being involved in its periphery) gives them legit expertise.
      Get the guys that Teddy's trained and have them talk to the guys on here. It would be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
        Suck ya madda.
        Yo!
        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Y'all ever seen Teddy Atlas take Moorer's stool?

Y'all ever seen Teddy tell Pov he's going to resurrect his father?

The man's a ****ing clown.

He freaks the **** out during the mid rounds when his guy is letting the other guy tired themselves out. Then gets credit for saying some dumbass **** like he's a worth a **** trainer.

Inversely, a worth a **** trainer like Manny:

You ever seen Manny accost Wlad for not going at a mother ****er even though Wlad's winning by a ****load?

You seen him ***** out Lennox during the Tyson fight even though Lennox was winning?

You ever seen Teddy? Hmm.....So he waits for his man to be in trouble, or to look like he's in trouble for a while, then he puts on a big antics show and says all sorts of nonsense. His man doesn't pick up pace but Holy, Botha, Chagaev or whoever does start to slow and then Moorer or Pov or whoever wins...**** Teddy did mattered did it?

I've never seen Teddy Atlas matter to any HW. Does not change them, does not give them solid advice when in the ****s, does not forsee a problem down the stretch, does not take care of it before it takes care of itself, Teddy Atlas is just a dick.
          Cus D'amato towel boy, what more can we expect ?
          Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 03-21-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            Atlas lost in space, as usual... Wilder knows how to fight, but he can't box!
            Atlas always goes too far with the hating. Even after Mike Tyson apologized for making sexual advances to his family member, he still claims Mike had never been in a real fight that he actually won.

But what the fuk has Teddy done is what I'm asking ???

The goofball Stephen A Smith and others refer to Atlas as HOF coach Teddy Atlas. But I'm so befuddled by this generous accolade, mainly because he almost coached "The Nail" right into a coffin.
            Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 03-21-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
              Teddy is on point here. Wilder has always got away with fighting PBC bums until a fighter from other banner exposed him. I have always believed that he has a myth in his right hand and most boxers that fell from the myth of the right hand did so through fear before stepping into the ring
              Finally, people waking up! Let's end this robotic journey and stop watching his fights!

Comment

Wilder can't box.Furys outta his league.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                  I thought Atlas predicted Wilder would win that fight tho??

Wilder isn't a bad boxer just look at the punch stats for the first fight. Not much in it. He's also *very* good at landing his right hand. Often with no set-up.

As usual people are reading too much into one defeat. Just like Ruiz/Joshua - "AJ is finished. He quit etc". I was the one saying even if AJ loses again, it's not over for him - because Ruiz is just one opponent.

So let's see how Wilder performs next fight. Whatever the reason Wilder did look poor this fight.
                  Wouldn’t the reason be Fury ? I don’t think it’s rocket science really,when does Wilder leave you with the impression of wow what a great display of skill ? Imop he looks poor in every fight he’s had if it went past round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by HaymonsPlanet View Post
                    Mark breeland can barely speak in recent interviews i wonder how the hell can that soft spoked dude even be a pro trainer... In the rematch breeland just held the water bottle between all round and barely gave wilder any tactical advice smh... Wilder should have fired breeland and deas years aso... Someone like naseem richardson or robert garcia is who wilder needs...
                    That whole team is like a bad comedy movie where a guy who can’t box and has no balance stumbles into a down and out gym owner who gets a second chance with a guy with just a right hand who gets lucky every fight where two guys that bring him along are as lost as he is, sounds like a hit. The Hit.

Comment

With hindsight being 20/20 Wilder made a huge mistake by not forcing Tyson to run it back in an immediate rematch. Once Fury signed that contract with Top Rank it should have been a wrap.

Wilder should have moved on and perhaps fought Anthony Joshua instead. You don't give Fury 14 months, two additional training camps and two tuneup fights to get prepared for you which was a grave mistake.

Then Tyson was given an additional five months to rest, heal and prepare before the rematch. Wilder was just too overconfident by going into that rematch on less than a 90 day notice prior to his fight with Tyson Fury after Wilder/Ruiz 2 and he paid dearly for it.

That wasn't nearly enough time for Deontay Wilder to properly prepare and train for that fight. Hell, even the average training camp for a Heavyweight championship bout is typically 90 days which is nearly thirteen weeks or three months.

Wilder didn't have anywhere near that time for this bout and it showed. The fight was rushed because he signed a postdated contract for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X