Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Seeks to Lock in Canelo vs Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how they kicked Oscar to the curve though, I don’t see canelo extending his relationship with Golden Boy past whatever time he has left with them, and that’s good for team canelo. He doesn’t need a promoter anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
      Doesnt want anything to do with andrade tho
      & that's all I see.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        GGG's contract is for 15M guaranteed but with a reported clause that it goes up only if he fights Canelo I think 20-25M. Canelo is guaranteed base 35M from DAZN no matter who he fights. My guess is DAZN will put something together where Canelo's guaranteed jumps from 35M to probably 50M to fight GGG. That was always the only path I see for why Canelo would fight GGG he doesn't want GGG to get paid off his back anymore and you will need to sweeten his pot to get him onboard.
        oh I see, I was unaware that ggg’s contract had him making more only if he fought canelo... makes sense. Thanks

Comment

Would love to see this fight, although the advantages will be heavily in Canelo's favor. Vegas, higher weight, older G who looked crappy against Sergey.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            I don't think anyone is saying that Canelo is ducking Golovkin in May 2020 they're saying he's ducked Golovkin from 2016-2019
            So I guess they can have it both ways.
            Yet he fought him TWICE in that time frame so........

Comment

People still care about this fight?

Comment

Not interested. Canelo strategically waited GGG out, could be GGG's retirement fight. Dervy showed that GGG might be slipping, a legitimate loss to Canelo will only solidify this perception. I'd be surprised if GGG were to continue his career if he loses to Canelo, he's not RJJ or Hopkins.

Comment

That ship has long sailed...

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                    Nonsense. Triple flop is the true duck. He is the B side. Canelo offered him the fight at 155 and he tucked tail. i dont wanna hear no excuses after the B SIDE refused to make a sacrifice. ever wonder why hopkins didn't demand oscar fight him at 160? because he was the fckin B SIDE.
                    Oh, more of this contract promoter ******ry.

Hey, if you think that middleweights should be forced to drain down to some made up weight to fight for the title that has a 160 pound limit, then that's fine. But you're not a fan of the sport, you're a fan of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
                      Yet he fought him TWICE in that time frame so........
                      You're right, which I mentioned. I can go more in depth though. Got a gift draw due to that ****ed up scorecard, then he pissed dirty for PED's causing the rematch to get extended, then he made up some "I don't like Gennedy for mentioning that I pissed dirty for PED's" extending the fight for another year and a half.

Comment

Working...
                      X