Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you notice how they forced szpilka to get stretchered out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's NY, where Perez vs Magomed happened. The lawsuits and threatning to ban boxing from the city can't be taken lightly, as we all know MMA is banned there, boxing can get banned too. Get used to early stoppages, extra precautions being taken by officials in NY boxing fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
      NFL is full of elite athletes as well. And we've yet to see a pro football player turned boxer set the boxing world on fire. Apples and oranges.
      I wouldn't say NFL is full of athletes. They have some, but in the NFL there's a lot 'big', average height people. The NBA definitely has the more ripped, agile, taller, athletic players. But another thing is that a NFL player turned Boxer is not the same as that NFL player never taking up football and instead takes up boxing from the amateurs. That's where people's arguments are. If Toney goes to MMA from boxing, and fails, it doesn't mean that Toney would have failed as an MMA fighter if he took it up instead of taking boxing. It's about starting with it and sticking to it. Not switching like Seth Mitchell or those other football players turned boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I wouldn't say NFL is full of athletes. They have some, but in the NFL there's a lot 'big', average height people. The NBA definitely has the more ripped, agile, taller, athletic players. But another thing is that a NFL player turned Boxer is not the same as that NFL player never taking up football and instead takes up boxing from the amateurs. That's where people's arguments are. If Toney goes to MMA from boxing, and fails, it doesn't mean that Toney would have failed as an MMA fighter if he took it up instead of taking boxing. It's about starting with it and sticking to it. Not switching like Seth Mitchell or those other football players turned boxers.

I was addressing the poster who's saying there's many NBA'ers who are better athletes than Wilder while at the same time insinuating that many of those NBA'ers could outperform Wilder on the boxing scene, given proper training. So I was pointing out that NFL'ers who have taken the same approach have fallen woefully short (the guy from the NY Jets, Two-Tall Jones, etc). But to your point... you're right. Overall, the NBA has a much higher percentage of greater athletes than the NFL does. But take most big tight ends in football... and they would compare favorably with any NBA player. Still... that doesn't translate to the boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          if you look at fury, the HW champion, and lebron, the best basketball player on teh planet right now, and think they have the same level of all around talent you are absolutely f#cking nuts. if you think wilder is as talent an athlete as lebron you are nuts.

boxing is a sport. these guy are athletes. it's a bit differet from other sports because of the violence, but people learn to deal with that when they are young and in the gym.

if you took the NBA players when they were 12 and had them box they'd move circles around fury. there is no comparing the talent. you can take or elave that. i've seen you, and i know you don't have any talent yourself, so i don't expect you to understand what it means to pick up a sport easier than your peers because you run fast, punch hard, jump high, ounch accurately, etc.
          How classy of you dragging this conversation down to a personal level. Not unlike you, of course.

I did lots of different sports as a teen and 20s guy (among them a lot of basketball with my good height), soccer, tennis, swimming, and a bit of fighting too, sparring. I am not without athletic ability and used to be in good shape.

For different life reasons I am in lesser shape now, but since that infamous pic you are constantly referring to (which is 18 months ago and over silly e-beef with another **** poster) I have lost weight, take it or leave it. And I am working on getting in good shape again.

But hey, I'm debating with the boxingscene uber-athlete here, the Olympian skier! Fuck me! You look strong, but you are short too and actually overweight.

I will get back to you tomorrow, I have, you know, real life things to attend to.

Comment

the hate game is strong in this post...

Comment

Working...
            X