No announcement yet.

Replace Luis Ortiz with 90's George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Luis Ortiz with 90's George Foreman

Does Foreman suffer the same fate? Ortiz is 6"3 while Foreman is around 6"4. Foreman had the better chin and hot much harder while Ortiz is more technical. I honestly do not know about this one.

No, Foreman in his 40s was too slow, would never land a punch on today's giants.

Comment

George Foreman would have finished Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
        No, Foreman in his 40s was too slow, would never land a punch on today's giants.
        He did destroy Cooney who was about the same size as Wilder

Comment

Ortiz and it's no contest. Ortiz has superior power, technical ability, defense, stamina, you name it Ortiz was better. Foreman is one of the worst defensive HWs of all time.

This is Foreman in '89 vs Everett Martin, a career LHW/Cruiserweight stannding 5'11. 17 wins, 7 losses, KO'd twice. Now if this was Ortiz he'd get laughed at, but because it's Foreman he gets a pass.

Foreman's power has looked questionable at numerous times throughout his career. Take Peralta-Foreman for example, Peralta was 197lbs managed to go 10 rounds twice. 208lb Holyfield was also eating Foreman punches. Ali managed to eat a TON of body shots. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Ortiz and it's no contest. Ortiz has superior power, technical ability, defense, stamina, you name it Ortiz was better. Foreman is one of the worst defensive HWs of all time.

This is Foreman in '89 vs Everett Martin, a career LHW/Cruiserweight stannding 5'11. 17 wins, 7 losses, KO'd twice. Now if this was Ortiz he'd get laughed at, but because it's Foreman he gets a pass.

Foreman's power has looked questionable at numerous times throughout his career. Take Peralta-Foreman for example, Peralta was 197lbs managed to go 10 rounds twice. 208lb Holyfield was also eating Foreman punches. Ali managed to eat a TON of body shots. etc.
            You really do hate Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              You really do hate Foreman
              No I don't, I'm just holding him to the same standards that modern guys are held to. It's simple, all you have to do is put AJ/Wilder/Whoever in Foreman's position, and ask yourself, what would the response be?

What would the response be if power punchers like AJ/Wilder, went the distance with a career cruiser?

You'll downplay Ortiz' power while ignoring the fact that multiple cruisers ate Foreman's punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                No I don't, I'm just holding him to the same standards that modern guys are held to. It's simple, all you have to do is put AJ/Wilder/Whoever in Foreman's position, and ask yourself, what would the response be?

What would the response be if power punchers like AJ/Wilder, went the distance with a career cruiser?

You'll downplay Ortiz' power while ignoring the fact that multiple cruisers ate Foreman's punches.
                Wilder and Joshua have both fought guys who took their punches also. I do agree that everyone should be held to the same standard

Comment

Nobody knows for sure unless they fight. My opinion is Foreman was twice as good as Ortiz. Foreman had a smashing left jab that he landed on almost everybody. His long jab was a real power punch. Foreman was a great puncher with either hand and any punch and he had a hell of a chin as well. He threw twice as many punches a round as Wilder, Ortiz and AJ throw. The Foreman that destroyed Frazier would also destroy Ortiz, Wilder or AJ from what I have seen of all of them.

Comment

I am sorry I read your thread in a hurry and missed the part about it being the Foreman of the 90s. That's a different story and that fat old Foreman probably would have lost to Wilder. I still think even the old Foreman would KO Ortiz who is old and fat himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X