Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys I'm a bit puzzled still about the delay in the Wilder Ortiz fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys I'm a bit puzzled still about the delay in the Wilder Ortiz fight.

We all saw the video of Wilder being hurt by Ortiz and whether the storm, walk back to his corner and then get checked by the Dr at the beginning of round 8.

Go to 1:48 of this video and see for yourself or find any video of Wilder weathering the storm in round 7 and walking back to his corner.

https://youtu.be/jdVcc9ifyDw

Now go to 12:23 of this video and tell me what you see.

https://youtu.be/T1RMugR5rys

This is the difference between the UK and America, lmao. Just kidding.

yep,both hometown money guys get some love from the refs.

Comment

if anything...the break before round 8 gave old man ortiz more time to recover after punching himself out trying to get iron jaw wilder out of there....

Comment

Good video, Wilder took those punches better than I thought.

Watching it live he looked more hurt. But on the replay it looked like he was able to weather the storm better than I had thought.

No wonder he didn’t go down.

Pretty good for a guy that was weight drained and starved from illness.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          Good video, Wilder took those punches better than I thought.

Watching it live he looked more hurt. But on the replay it looked like he was able to weather the storm better than I had thought.

No wonder he didn’t go down.

Pretty good for a guy that was weight drained and starved from illness.
          Yeah, when I watched it live I thought he was in a lot more trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            We all saw the video of Wilder being hurt by Ortiz and whether the storm, walk back to his corner and then get checked by the Dr at the beginning of round 8.

Go to 1:48 of this video and see for yourself or find any video of Wilder weathering the storm in round 7 and walking back to his corner.

https://youtu.be/jdVcc9ifyDw

Now go to 12:23 of this video and tell me what you see.

https://youtu.be/T1RMugR5rys

This is the difference between the UK and America, lmao. Just kidding.
            word lol I laugh cuz ortiz had almost a whole minute with wilder hurt and these poeple bitching about 8 secs

and I also read that same thing happened in lamont peterson's fight (one of the recent ones) and NO ONE said a damn thing

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              and I also read that same thing happened in lamont peterson's fight (one of the recent ones) and NO ONE said a damn thing
              It's standard procedure in New York now due to a legal settlement. Those crying about Wilder being checked clearly haven't watched many fights from NY lately.

Comment

I’m glad you pisted that video. I’ve known about the New York thing for a while now, but I honestly thought Wilder was out on his feet at the end of the round. First I’ve seen him walk back to his corner looking 100%

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  It's standard procedure in New York now due to a legal settlement. Those crying about Wilder being checked clearly haven't watched many fights from NY lately.
                  Yup, in NY they give the full break time to the fighter's corner to do their thing, and then the doctor checks if need be.

Comment

I've seen Kovalev/Cleverly before but never realized the ref caught him as he was falling and carried him over to the corner. Incredible....
                    Lol @ Roy, "That's called 'home town cookin!'"

Comment

Working...
                    X