This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    i havent watched it yet, but like many people have pointed out already the response from some people is really crazy. its just a movie, even if it is an overrated pile of ****. why do you care so much?

and the whole "its only getting credit because it has a black cast" thing is just as crazy. black films get under rated, not over rated. unless there is a slavery theme of course.

black films are always getting snubbed for awards and overlooked. while they throw white protagonists in damn near everything. Movie about the extraction of Diamonds in africa? put a white guy in the lead. the last samurai? white guy. the life of edi amin, lets make up a fictional white guy who never existed and call the Movie the last king of Scotland. lol..

you put a black guy in star wars and white folks lose their minds. put two black characters in a white dominated movie based on the book in which those characters are black and the author confirms that they are black (hunger games). and somehow white people lose their minds.

how many practically all white superhero Movies have we had by now? there is one predominantly black one and again, people lose their minds.

and it is somehow because the world is blackwashed (not even a real word as far as i know) as opposed to whitewashed.

crazy..

like i said i havent seen the movie. expecting it like most things wildly praised by some while equally critisized by others.. to be somewhere in the middle.

I think some "purists" have issues with changing the physical appearance of certain characters.

They grew up/are still reading these characters, and take great importance in how characters are drawn, or described.

Then you have another camp who thinks it is stupid to change the appearance of characters "for the sake of political correctness/diversity." They just believe it is silly, and some believe it can set dangerous precedents.

And yes, a small minority are just flat out racists.

Don't blacks get all bent out of shape when Egyptian FICTIONAL movies are made with White characters depicting historical figures, even though there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF they were black?

What if Black Panther got mainstream attention, and then they made the movie and Black Panther was a Finnish guy, and they changed Wakanda to some Svennada, and located it in the Ural mountains or some shyte?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      I just made the point because I'm in strong opposition of the direction comic book movies are going.

I also brought up Logan because that was one movie that was a step in the right direction.

Genericness and mediocrity are poison to any artform and to me graphic novels are an artform.
      BP isn't a graphic novel, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
        I think some "purists" have issues with changing the physical appearance of certain characters.

They grew up/are still reading these characters, and take great importance in how characters are drawn, or described.

Then you have another camp who thinks it is stupid to change the appearance of characters "for the sake of political correctness/diversity." They just believe it is silly, and some believe it can set dangerous precedents.

And yes, a small minority are just flat out racists.

Don't blacks get all bent out of shape when Egyptian FICTIONAL movies are made with White characters depicting historical figures, even though there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF they were black?

What if Black Panther got mainstream attention, and then they made the movie and Black Panther was a Finnish guy, and they changed Wakanda to some Svennada, and located it in the Ural mountains or some shyte?
        The Black Panther title would make no sense there, son.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Sure it would, he's not called BP cause he's a black African, he's called BP cause of the suit he wears.

So a white dude wearing a BP suit wouldn't change the plot at all..

Lol I was wrong about changing Wakanda to Svennada.

This just proves my point, doe, they made that one dude black (Idris Elba played him in one of the Thor movies I think), who is notoriously known as a White figure in European history. Valhalla is a Scandinavian concept.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Welcome back, by the way!!

Glad you're back!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
              Welcome back, by the way!!

Glad you're back!
              Dont sass me, man. How have the students been treating you?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                I'll watch whatever the **** I want to watch. I don't need someone to tell me what I like and don't like.
                exactly. and apparently dude watches whatever he wants to. hes just worried about being called a dork i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  **** duh
                  those are more instructional videos/documentaries than movies

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    If it was about school shooting, incest and child **** I bet you’d like it.
                    This type of **** here is why some of us get banned... we respond to this piece of **** in the same manner he is using but get banned. These same clowns will call others a bigot doe. You'll also notice the usual afrocentrics say nothing about this **** cause it's from a brotha...

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      baby got back #1 ,2,3 and 4!!

my neighbor is a milf #1 and 2!

come on bruh, there's plenty out there!
                      those are documentaries, not movies

Comment

Working...
                      X