Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who were the four kings of boxing in the 2000s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who were the four kings of boxing in the 2000s?

In the 80s it was Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns.

In the 00s it should be Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Shane and Oscar were not in the same generation as Manny and Floyd...pus how can you leave out Hopkins who did more then Oscar and Mosley?

Comment

Pacquiao, Morales, Barrera, marquez

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Shane and Oscar were not in the same generation as Manny and Floyd...pus how can you leave out Hopkins who did more then Oscar and Mosley?
        Hopkins was basura

Hopkins hurt boxing with his boring ass fights

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Pacquiao, Morales, Barrera, marquez
          Only Pac would be considered a King from that list... The rest were good or great but none were on a completely different level.

Comment

Yea I'd agree.

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            They were in the same basic era doe. I mean Duran was kinda out of the era too as the older guy.

And Bhop only fought Oscar.

The Four Kings angle to this equation requires them to have all fought each other. And the 80's 4 Kings all fought each other. And the proposed 00's 4 Kings all fought each other too.

And random note the 2nd youngest guy came out on top in both eras. SRL was 4-1-1 & Floyd was 3-0 vs the rest.

And random random note the Hispanic guy did the worst in both eras. Duran was 1-4 & ODLH was 0-4.

Comment

I would argue there were only 3 Kings -Floyd, manny and odh. Cotto , Hopkins, Mosley, jmm, canelo all are great but I wouldn’t say they were cross over stars the way the others were.

Comment

FMJ, Pac, Cotto & JMM?

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                  In the 80s it was Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns.

In the 00s it should be Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
                  Why does there have to be 4 kings? Duran was very good but smaller and the bigger guys all beat him. I can't see Mosley and Oscar being the kings when Trinidad and Hopkins were better. A weight drained Trinidad beat Oscar. Trinidad won his first 40 fights including over 20 title fights and was welterweight champ for well over 6 years with 15 successful title defenses including 12 KOs. He beat both Whitaker and Oscar. Hopkins had 20 successful title defenses before finally losing to Taylor at age 40. I thought he beat Taylor both fights. If you must have kings then Trinidad and Hopkins were my kings with very long undefeated runs and so many world title wins.

Comment

Originally posted by left hook tua View Post
                    hopkins was basura

hopkins hurt boxing with his boring ass fights
                    thats your opinion man, but the guy was on the p4p list for almost the entire decade

Comment

Working...
                    X