Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather beats Pacquiao in 2019, would Floyd be fighter of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather beats Pacquiao in 2019, would Floyd be fighter of the decade?

Manny Pacquiao was fighter of the decade for the 2000s, and Floyd Mayweather said he believed he deserved that honor more than Pacquiao.

"How can you be fighter of the decade, when you got beat in the decade."
    - Floyd Mayweather referring to Pacquiao's one loss to Erik Morales that Pacquiao avenged twice before the decade was over.

Right now, Floyd's case for fighter of the Decade is hurt by the fact that his only opponents past 2015 are Conor McGregor and Tenshin.

Pacquiao and Canelo both have losses against Floyd in this decade, but they both seem to be ahead of him in the Fighter of the Decade conversation.

After Pacquiao's win against Thurman, he's back in the P4P top ten and is one of the few fighters to gain a title after turning 40.

If Mayweather comes back and fights Pacquiao in 2019, at the age of 42, without a tune-up, and wins...is he Fighter of the Decade?
    Yes.
    27.59%
    No.
    37.93%
    Floyd has already done enough to earn Fighter of the Decade.
    20.69%
    Floyd needs to beat Canelo at Middleweight to be Fighter of the Decade.
    13.79%

1000 percent he is the fighter of the decade no doubt.

Comment

No because manny would come up with another excuse and the boxing journalist dementia club would believe him

Comment

The thing is, Floyd already beat Manny in this decade. He is the fighter of the decade. But that's not a fight I'm interested in seeing, the only people who want to see that fight are the Manny fans because they know deep down that Manny lost.

I don't see any Manny fans begging for a Jeff Horn rematch.

Comment

I don't put much weight into this fighter of the decade bullshet.
          It don't really matter cause at the end of the day Floyd is the best fighter of our generation! And I don't even like Floyd but I'm just keeping it real here!
          Gotta give props where props is due!

Comment

Right now I think Pac looks like he will win the award because Mayweather didn't fight the last few years of the decade, If he beats Pac this year they almost nave to give Mayweather the award.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              I don't put much weight into this fighter of the decade bullshet.
              It don't really matter cause at the end of the day Floyd is the best fighter of our generation! And I don't even like Floyd but I'm just keeping it real here!
              Gotta give props where props is due!
              Completely agree. Besides, if you have already beat the fighter of the decade .... that kinda says it all already. Robberies aside I always have Pernell and Floyd as equals in the best conversation.

Fighter of decade = some more BS nonsense, but, if it mattered Wilder would have to be awful high in that list. He's knocked out d*mn near everyone he's faced, with no losses along the way. Paq? Ask Horn about it.
              Last edited by MastaBlasta; 08-01-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I thought that Manny beat Mayweather or at least deserved a draw and that was with a hurt left shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazlop View Post
                  I thought that Manny beat Mayweather or at least deserved a draw and that was with a hurt left shoulder.
                  True. How can you even give Floyd a chance of being a fighter of a decade when he can't even perform against a one armed man when he was full of IV ridden PEDs in his system and haven't fought for more than 4 years in the pro game. No chance at all.

#stayretiredfloyd
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 08-01-2019, 03:07 AM.

Comment

''If''

Not a matter if May can beat Pac AGAIN....only if he wants to.

To answer the question, it's a resounding NO, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X