Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Marquez-Pacquaio I, II & III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you score Marquez-Pacquaio I, II & III?

I think this is better for this forum for obvious reasons.

Personally I had them as follows

Fight I

Marquez 114-111 - I gave him 9 rounds to 3 and obvious Pacquaio gets the three extra points for the knockdowns. Rounds 1, 2 & 10 for Pacquaio the rest for Marquez. I could see a round closer but have a hard time seeing Pacquaio winning 5 rounds.

Fight II

Marquez 115-112 - I had this 8 rounds to 4 with the extra point for the knockdown. I had Marquez winning 1,2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11 & 12. I think this was the best fight and was probably both in their primes. I could see a round closer but have a hard time seeing 6-6 in rounds.
    I was at this fight and most felt Marquez won.

Fight III

Marquez 116-112 - 8 rounds to 4. Marquez won 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 on my card. This was the fight he made no real mistakes and controlled Pacquaio and Pacquaio had no highlights. I was at this one too and coming out of the arena and in the lobby of the hotel NOBODY including Pacquaio fans felt this decision was fair.
    Last edited by chrisJS; 03-22-2018, 01:47 PM.

I - Pac 115-110, got screwed by Clements who admitted he made a mistake not scoring the 3rd knockdown in round one.

II - Pac 115-112, Out landed Marquez 172-157, knocked him down in the third round.

III - Pac 116-112, Out landed Marquez 176 - 138, out landed him in power punches in 8 out of the 12 rounds.

Comment

Don't remember how I scored Pacquiao Vs Marquez I, II & III but I remember how brutal these fights were. In my eyes, Pacquiao won those three fights. Not by a wide margin but he did enough. I'm just glad Marquez finally got the "W" he craved so badly. Because of that, we don't have to listen his cries no more.

Comment

With a pen and paper, like one would score any fight, that's how.

Comment

1: Pac
          2: Pac
          3: Marquez

3rd fight Marquez was robbed blind, remember going sick when they read the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I - Pac 115-110, got screwed by Clements who admitted he made a mistake not scoring the 3rd knockdown in round one.

II - Pac 115-112, Out landed Marquez 172-157, knocked him down in the third round.

III - Pac 116-112, Out landed Marquez 176 - 138, out landed him in power punches in 8 out of the 12 rounds.
            If punch stats determine who wins then here's something to ponder

Marquez outlanded Pacquaio in 8 rounds, with 1 even (Marquez higher % so lets say 9 rounds) and Pacquaio 3 so that would indicate Marquez as the winner? Not to mention he landed 18 more power punches after the first round.

Marquez actually outlanded Pacquaio in fight II by 172-157 and at a higher %..https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/v...manny-pacquiao he landed 16 more power punches also at a higher % and

Fight 3 Pacquaio did have the edge on stats but sure didn't look that way and Marquez' punches were unquestionably cleaner and did more.
            Last edited by chrisJS; 03-22-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Don't remember the exact scores, but I had Manny, JMM, JMM. Or thats what I think anyway. I know I had Manny in the 1st one & JMM in the 3rd one.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                If punch stats determine who wins then here's something to ponder

Marquez outlanded Pacquaio in 8 rounds, with 1 even (Marquez higher % so lets say 9 rounds) and Pacquaio 3 so that would indicate Marquez as the winner? Not to mention he landed 18 more power punches after the first round.

Marquez actually outlanded Pacquaio in fight II by 172-157 and at a higher %..https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/v...manny-pacquiao he landed 16 more power punches also at a higher % and

Fight 3 Pacquaio did have the edge on stats but sure didn't look that way and Marquez' punches were unquestionably cleaner and did more.
                No I don’t rely solely on punch stats, but Pac landed more effective punches in more rounds. I think he hurt Marquez more than Marquez hurt him. And I wasn’t even a fan of Manny until his fight with Oscar. I was a MAB fan back then. MAB and RJJ.

Comment

1st fight- 114-111 Marquez same as you.

2nd fight- 114-113 Pacquiao, I thought the knockdown was the difference but Marquez could've easily got this one no doubt.

3rd fight- 114-114, I don't think it was as decisive as a lot of people say. This was the one fight without a knockdown and I felt that while Marquez obviously gave him nightmares, he wasn't entirely comfortable with a less aggressive Pacquiao who still did some good work of his own and he threw away the 12th which i thought was crazy in a close fight.

Comment

I know I had them 1-1-1. Can't remember which score for which fight though

I could do with a re-watch soon, it's been a while and I love that series of fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X