Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did GGG ruin brooks career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too early to say because his next fight was against a very good Errol Spence who proved beyond doubt how good he is. Brooks next couple of fights are massive for him and we'll know more then.

Comment

Possible, although i still think Brook as something left in the tank to offer.

He got a good pay day i assume, and i credit him for stepping up and taking the fight. But in hindsight it was maybe a mistake.

I'm a big Brook fan but i was a little shocked at the time how people were referring to it as a real competitive fight and some blueprint fight.
      Golovkin had no respect for Brook and walked him down, he shipped unnecessary shots doing so, and Brook looked good at times, but it was only going one way that fight. GGG beat him up and the corner stoppage was the correct thing to do.

It definitely took something out of him long term.

Comment

I think so. He took a lot of punishment and it's only because he didn't hit the deck that people think otherwise.

I also don't think going upto 160, taking a beating then going all the way back down to 147 in his next fight helped, especially when he struggled with the weight anyway.

Comment

How long did it take for Khan to return after Alvarez...

How long did it take for Brook to return for Spence...

If I recall...Spence won on points and didn't get credit for the other eye socket or the beat down on the body..

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
            How long did it take for Khan to return after Alvarez...

How long did it take for Brook to return for Spence...

If I recall...Spence won on points and didn't get credit for the other eye socket or the beat down on the body..
            No Spence won but KO and he got all the credit he deserve or should anyway.

Comment

Before GGG, Brook was undefeated. After GGG, he's had both eye sockets broken, taken two consecutive TKO/KO losses. I wouldn't expect much from Brook from here on out. Where is Geale at now? How about Rubio? What about Murray? Jacobs has a fight date held for sometime in November, we'll just have to see if he has anything left after GGG blackened both of his eyes last time out. GGG ruins careers for the most part.

Comment

Yes he did, Brook is damaged goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  No Spence won but KO and he got all the credit he deserve or should anyway.
                  was being sarcastixxx..

Comment

He ruined his own career by chasing that huge payday vs GGG. Then to pile on instead of moving to 154 where he'd be better equipped, he stays at 147 and fights the best guy at that weight perhaps. He's got balls for sure but no common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                      was being sarcastixxx..
                      That went right over my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X