Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Fighter You Said Would Beat Floyd.... .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't recall very many people saying any opponent was gonna beat him...maybe at some other point before Floyd faced them. going into fights, he was the clear favorite almost every fight. the guy won almost every fight convincingly, but let's not make it out like he was some underdog who faced insurmountable odds...he was a safety first careful matchmaker through the back half of his career.

Comment

Leading up to there fights I thought for sure De La Hoya and Canelo would beat him, but he easily dealt with both

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        I don't recall very many people saying any opponent was gonna beat him...maybe at some other point before Floyd faced them. going into fights, he was the clear favorite almost every fight. the guy won almost every fight convincingly, but let's not make it out like he was some underdog who faced insurmountable odds...he was a safety first careful matchmaker through the back half of his career.
        Nah, they would claim such and such could beat him until the fight was signed. Then they'd have a change of heart immediately after.

Comment

sh-it resume. fighting guys 5 years later after suffering ko losses. have some standards please. heres a little question for you. how much credit would you give canelo if he fought ggg in 5 years and after he had been ko'd??? hey people said ggg would beat canelo and look what happened!!! this is what you are doing for floyd

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            sh-it resume. fighting guys 5 years later after suffering ko losses. have some standards please. heres a little question for you. how much credit would you give canelo if he fought ggg in 5 years and after he had been ko'd??? hey people said ggg would beat canelo and look what happened!!! this is what you are doing for floyd
            Manny should've signed to fight him years ago. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Nah, they would claim such and such could beat him until the fight was signed. Then they'd have a change of heart immediately after.
              it's conceivable that a few of his opponents coulda possibly beat him if the fights were made at different times...but really the only other top fighter of the era that could have lined up prime for prime for a fight was pac...and we got robbed of that for various reasons. that was Floyd's only chance for a real rival like past atg fighters.

Comment

it's conceivable that a few of his opponents coulda possibly beat him if the fights were made at different times...but really the only other top fighter of the era that could have lined up prime for prime for a fight was pac...and we got robbed of that for various reasons. that was Floyd's only chance for a real rival like past atg fighters.
                Nah, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they would literally switch up just as soon as they saw serious negotiation.

And Floyd's legacy is that of an ATG. To say otherwise is stupid.

Comment

Pac would of had an even worse chance in 2010, you forget Pac could barely handle Marquez, I gave him no chance to beat a prime Mayweather, not sure why you think Pac would fare any differen't. Pac has never been a cerebral fighter and that's what he would of had to be to compete with Floyd.

Comment

He was lucky to be in an a weak era and fight everyone past their prime.

Comment

Prime Pacquiao, Mosley and Sergio Martinez!

Comment

Working...
                      X