Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rigondeaux's textbook footwork beat Lomachenko's unorthodox footwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    It wont matter- This fight will come down to activity, and lomachenko will have the edge on point with ease
    He won't be close to as active
    against Rigondeaux

Comment

I think Rigo will be too busy trying to avoid Loma's many punches coming in from all angles to exploit any flaws in Loma's footwork. Both men are fast skilled boxers in every way. Loma has excellent footwork as does Rigo. Loma is the much younger and bigger man so he will probably win.

Comment

I think so. I think Rigo's is more precise and faster as well. The problem will be in volume. I think Loma will out-work him if Rigo fights the way he usually does. he must be prepared to double his output while remaining elusive and precise. Not easy against that level of opponent.

Comment

Can you actually demonstrate how Rigondeaux's footwork and overall style is more 'textbook' than Lomachenko's? I've always thought Lomachenko's style is extremely fundamentally sound and textbook but with a few creative elements. Unlike other PURE 'athletic' boxers like Roy Jones Jr, Lomachenko seems to combine athleticism with fundamental and textbook boxing moves.

Comment

I think Loma has the best footwork I've seen in a long time. He's also much more active than Rigo which I believe will determine the difference. Rigo loves to make opponents pay for their mistakes and then clam up. Loma will keep pursuing no matter what. Loma also has a big size advantage and honestly, I think he takes Rigo out. Rigo won't quit but he'll be overwhelmed. Either way, it's a fight that should have some interesting moments. Rigo also has been down before while Loma has not. Loma also recognizes his flaws of which I think are few. Rigo carries a tremendous amount of arrogance which typically hurts a fighter ala Morales and Barrera and others.

Comment

Loma's footwork wins him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                Can you actually demonstrate how Rigondeaux's footwork and overall style is more 'textbook' than Lomachenko's? I've always thought Lomachenko's style is extremely fundamentally sound and textbook but with a few creative elements. Unlike other PURE 'athletic' boxers like Roy Jones Jr, Lomachenko seems to combine athleticism with fundamental and textbook boxing moves.
                Loma's style is fundamentally wrong just like Roy Jone's was. I explained how he is doing things fundamentally wrong already.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I think so. I think Rigo's is more precise and faster as well. The problem will be in volume. I think Loma will out-work him if Rigo fights the way he usually does. he must be prepared to double his output while remaining elusive and precise. Not easy against that level of opponent.
                  Loma's activity is not the same against fellow southpaws and especially against guys with skills and serious body punching.

Check his fights with Selimov, especially the WSB pro-format fight against Selimov. Check the second Toledo fight. Heck even against Gary Russell his activity wasn't that great.

How you limit somebody's activity is through footwork and angles ala Floyd, Andre Ward and Terrence Crawford. Look at Pavlik vs Martienez and Bhop and where his activity went. Look at Joseph Akbego who was one of the most active punchers, he barely threw punches against Rigondeaux. Look at Mathyse's volume punching against Postol. Porter's volume punching against Thurman. Gonzales's volume punching against Run, Kessler's volume punching against Zaghe, Froch's volume punching against Ward. It is naive to think that Loma will have the same output against Rigo that he had against Marriaga or some of the other guys that he's faced. They are many levels apart. I am converned about Rigo's timing and being able to pull the trigger given his age and recent inactivity. If not, Loma doesn't want to throw a lot of punches missing and get tired by the middle rounds like he did against Marriaga.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    hand speed will be a big factor in this fight, rigo is quicker, im favoring rigo in this one even though he's moving up. never really been all that impress with loma.
                    Me too. Loma isnt exceptionally special in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      It wont matter- This fight will come down to activity, and lomachenko will have the edge on point with ease
                      Agree with this. Loma just too busy for Rigo.

Comment

Working...
                      X