Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighters have made you a fan in 2017?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
    I was a fan of Josh Taylor before 2017.
    Cool. Some didn't rate Taylor until he schooled and beat up Davies. Was crazy how many fans believed Davies was going to walk through JT. Probably because Davies is black, stocky, is a noted puncher and talks mad **** while Taylor if you didn't watch him fight looks like a bit of a weed. Heard they struggle to find JT sparring partners as he bashes them up regularly. Breaking the ribs of middleweight n ****. Watched an interview where David Haye says Josh Taylor is a serious weapon and as tough as nails and he's seen him do ridiculous things in sparring. He doesn't look like your typical bland UK talent. He got some slick in him and he's real nasty with those body shots.

Comment

Estrada, Spence, Rungvisai.

These guys deserve to make good coin in their next fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
        Cool. Some didn't rate Taylor until he schooled and beat up Davies. Was crazy how many fans believed Davies was going to walk through JT. Probably because Davies is black, stocky, is a noted puncher and talks mad **** while Taylor if you didn't watch him fight looks like a bit of a weed. Heard they struggle to find JT sparring partners as he bashes them up regularly. Breaking the ribs of middleweight n ****. Watched an interview where David Haye says Josh Taylor is a serious weapon and as tough as nails and he's seen him do ridiculous things in sparring. He doesn't look like your typical bland UK talent. He got some slick in him and he's real nasty with those body shots.
        As you say. If he can stop Miguel Vasquez next month then that will be some statement. Vazquez seems to have been round for ages but he's still only 30. I'd also like to see the Ricky Burns fight. I honestly think JT would brutalize Burns.

Comment

As you say. If he can stop Miguel Vasquez next month then that will be some statement. Vazquez seems to have been round for ages but he's still only 30. I'd also like to see the Ricky Burns fight. I honestly think JT would brutalize Burns.
          Vasquez is tricky. Very hard guy to look good against. Would defo be a statement stopping the tough awkward Mexican.
          As for Taylor vs Burns. Not sure I'd want to see that fight as I like Burns and agree with you Taylor would beat on him badly. To Burns credit he's as tough as nails, always gets up and knows how to survive but Taylor is a big super lightweight and Burns is way past his best. He was in his prime at super featherweight about 7 or 8 years ago. The ref would step in or the towel would be thrown in to stop the punishment mid to late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Canelo lost,

Ward won on low blows....and....

How are you 'godless' but have faith?

You're confused

"Faith" isn't always about your imaginary pal, pal. I don't fu** with religious zealots.

Comment

Definitely Spence. Just because I cannot wait to see him fight again! Even if he is fighting a bum lol.

Comment

Spence Jr
                Jacobs

Nathaniel Gallimore:
                You can watch him manhandle Broner's sidekick here:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L85HYepqBI

Comment

Josh Taylor
                  Rungvisai

Comment

For me:

Errol Spence Jr.
                    I was supporting Kell Brook and played down Spence's chances. Hadn't really seen a lot of him prior. He surprised me though and put up a great showing in Brook's backyard. I'm eager to see him against the other top names at 147.

Chris Eubank Jr.
                    Put on three very good performances against a better standard of opposition in 2017. Has entered the World Boxing Super Series to try and establish himself against the other top fighters in the Super Middleweight division.

Lewis Ritson
                    Put on a dominating display to stop Robbie Barrett and win the British Lightweight title. That is a stacked division domestically and I'm looking forward to some cracking matchups in the near future as he attempts to win the Lonsdale belt outright.
                    For me avtandil khurtsidze at this conference with Billy joe Saunders when he makes those ahhhwoooo noises fukin hilarious one of the funniest things I've seen I actually think watching that bests my depression cos I get in tears of laughter

https://youtu.be/YnslB1TZAuY

Comment

All the names you guys have listed I've been a fan of before 2017.

there's this new Japanese kid.. He's a bad ass, only like 7 fights lemme look up his name.

Comment

Working...
                      X