Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford "Our teams never talked! Pacquiao deserves to fight whoever he wants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    I don't know how threadstarter thinks people took a L. No negotiations and asking for $20 mil makes it clear Pacquiao didn't want the fight.
    What do you mean do you know how many comments I read of people saying Pacqiuao is ducking TC. If you weren't one of them it doesn't apply to you.... If you are then it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I've never said Pac was ducking him, but I have said it would be incredibly stupid for him to fight Bud. Becoming lion food is no way for a legend to go out.
      Thats how its always been though. The passing of the torch. What if oscar never passed it to floyd or pacquiao? Leonard to camacho? Or chavez sr to oscar?

Comment

Originally posted by 10Stepsahead View Post
        What do you mean do you know how many comments I read of people saying Pacqiuao is ducking TC. If you weren't one of them it doesn't apply to you.... If you are then it does.
        Why did Pacquiao ask for a $20 mil guarantee to fight Crawford? A number he knows Arum won't give him because the fight doesn't make that much.

It's not difficult to figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
          Thats how its always been though. The passing of the torch. What if oscar never passed it to floyd or pacquiao? Leonard to camacho? Or chavez sr to oscar?
          "How it's always been" does not mean it's a good thing or that every boxer does it. Oscar and Ray tainted their legacies big-time by hanging around too long. Not to mention Ali, Roy, and many others.

if you want Pac to get mulched, great. I don't want to see him go out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            "How it's always been" does not mean it's a good thing or that every boxer does it. Oscar and Ray tainted their legacies big-time by hanging around too long. Not to mention Ali, Roy, and many others.

if you want Pac to get mulched, great. I don't want to see him go out like that.
            Tainted how? They fought past their expiration date. Everyone knows that but it doesnt taint their legacy at all. Look at Roy jones, he is way past it and getting stopped by guys he would of easily beat years ago. Does that take away that he was once considered an all time great?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Pacquiao wanted Arum to guarantee him $20 mil for the fight. That ended any negotiations before they started.
              Pac is such a ****ty hypejob. I mean obviously he's good, but damn am I happy his whole hypetrain died. Obviously except for Spoon23. That dude is one odd cookie.

Comment

Tainted how? They fought past their expiration date. Everyone knows that but it doesnt taint their legacy at all. Look at Roy jones, he is way past it and getting stopped by guys he would of easily beat years ago. Does that take away that he was once considered an all time great?
                If Roy retired after beating Ruiz for the HW belt he'd be held in much higher regard. He'd probably be top 10 on most peoples lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Pacquiao has a 20 million guarsntee in his contrwct with top rank. He was just asking money thay he ALWAYS got in the last eight years. He isnt pricing himself out just asking for thw money that he has on the contract.
                  So why didn't he get $20 mil for Vargas or Horn?

Comment

He didnt pass the torch to Mayeather. Floyd beat him and Oscar went on to continue fighting.

You gotta take the torch. It isn't passed.

Comment

Tainted how? They fought past their expiration date. Everyone knows that but it doesnt taint their legacy at all.
                      I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not pretending that's your opinion just to argue a point. But, even if you're being 100% honest in how you see it, you're not in touch with how the fans/public see things so there's no point in arguing this.
                      Being smashed by Crawford damages Pac's legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X