Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever hit rock bottom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there, or very close, back in London in 96 but somehow bull****ted my way into a job on a cruiseship which got me away from my home patch - and demons. I truly don't think I would be alive today without that tiny advert I saw in the Evening Standard. I had three cousins die to drugs & several other family members & friends ****ed up by it all. It was definitely a path I was on.

I'm now a ****ney Yank, 40 pounds heavier (not fat by US standards) & alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      I've had plenty of times where I just felt kind of desperate and just not sure what my next move in life would be and it really sucks and you can just feel defeated.

The best advice I could give you is just keep being productive whether it is looking for jobs, getting to the gym, school, internship, literally anything just get the momentum going in your life because once one opportunity in your life comes up there are usually others that shortly follow. Overall just keep your confidence if you keep pushing something will come up.
      This. I just had a very unproductive year, got quite down about my lack of work at uni. This summer I'm just being as productive as possible. Job this month, plenty of gym work, writing film scripts, more work hopefully in August or September.

Comment

yeah, i guess i have. what saved me was my daughter being conceived and consequently stopping with drugs and alcohol. i still smoke weed but my decision making was all messed up and the day after a drunk or a drug binge is what kept me at or near the bottom. i just never wanted to do anything but more drugs.

i also owe my life to my daughters mother. Literally.

Comment

yes I have 6 years ago that's when you realize who your real friends are which at that time I realized there's no such thing as friends...dropped everyone I knew and slowly regrouped myself...now I wouldn't trade my life for anything...

Comment

Pffftt.. .. Na, I can sink waaayyy lower...

Comment

keep your head up. take things day by day. make sure you're surrounded good people. if not cut them out of your life.

Comment

I've been there before in mylife. Homeless, moving from state to state with family so they could find work, living in homeless shelters, the salvation army, on foodstamps etc... I used to think everyone drank powder milk and living in a place with hookers, drug dealers outside and gangs chasing you home in 2nd grade was normal. Thankfully my parents struggled , but they instilled in me that even though we maybe poor, or what not that nobody is better than you and your not better than anybody else. Now I appreciate the things I have even if its just ****ty. After watching them go from that to building a new home and having extra finances it makes me see that with hard work and dedication (sorry for the Mayweather quote) you can do anything you put your mind too.

Comment

More than once. Fight through it and dust yourself off. Things will get better even though it doesn't seem like at the time.

Comment

I used to hit the rock bottom on everybody back in the day when I used to watch wrestling.

Comment

I've hit rock bottom and gone through the floor before.

Comment

Working...
                      X