No announcement yet.

Have you ever hit rock bottom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever hit rock bottom?

Have you ever been to a point where you said how the hell did I get here? What steps took place for you to get to that place and what did you do to get out?

I never officially hit a so called rock bottom, but ive been through times in my life where I knew i was going down the wrong paths, and that my actions had brought me to some places that I knew I was better then..
    Im actually going through some **** right now to be completely honest, and I have the world going for me at the same time.. funny how that works.

If anyone has anything to share about how they got out of some tough spots, at the very least youll get some good karma from me

gotta take it day by day man..I go thru some **** too and when you're stuck in a rut, you just gotta try to make today better then yesterday

drink beer

Comment

I've had plenty of times where I just felt kind of desperate and just not sure what my next move in life would be and it really sucks and you can just feel defeated.

The best advice I could give you is just keep being productive whether it is looking for jobs, getting to the gym, school, internship, literally anything just get the momentum going in your life because once one opportunity in your life comes up there are usually others that shortly follow. Overall just keep your confidence if you keep pushing something will come up.
      Last edited by Danny Gunz; 06-26-2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Rock Bottom is an unfortunate place to find yourself in, but it is also a place that tests you the most. How you handle yourself in that situation will be your most telling ability of resilience, good luck.

Comment

At the end of everyday

Comment

ive been under rock bottom. But now life is good. I appreciate things more now and not giving up, made me accomplish my needs. Not wants! I got all i need and some of what i want now. Keep your head up. When youre going through hell keep on going man...you will just pass on by and things will get better. Just dont make them worst...Things can always get worst!

Comment

Make some life goals as where you see yourself going and what you want to do with yourself. These are generally long term so you needs steps or objectives to reach in order to get there.

As for myself, I just piled myself into trouble. I had everything going for me and at the same time thats what made me hit bottom. College athlete, school paid for, hot gf, knew what I wanted or so I thought. Then boom, injury, boom I decided to leave school, boom my gf leaves me because she cant handle the distance, boom my alternate career school plan failed, boom I hit depression and rack up a credit card worth of debt in alcohol over a few months.

What got me out of that was figuring out what I needed. As I worked towards it things got better and continue to. It took a few years to fully get myslef out, but now I got a degree, a decent job with the government, and I know what I need and want to do to get myself higher up.

Life goals and objectives. Thats my advice.

Comment

Yes, I hit rock bottom a few years ago. I was homeless and had nothing but the clothes on my back. I was always too proud to beg for money or food, so many nights I slept hungry, if I was able to sleep at all. People dont understand how mentally draining it is to literally have NOTHING going for you. So much so I almost took my own life. I had the barrel of a shotgun in my mouth with my big toe ready to engage that trigger but I whimped out. Happy I did. Now, I am a homeowner, been around the world, and working on selling my second website.

My, how things can change. Keep your head up TS.

Comment

Yeah I have a few times and I'm pretty young, luckily for me I take things very well and always keep my head up and stay positive (somebody always has it worse). I remember I lost my job, had no money, lost my car/apartment, and I ended up in a jail cell recently last year. I still haven't fully bounced back but no complains, I'm free.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
                    Yes, I hit rock bottom a few years ago. I was homeless and had nothing but the clothes on my back. I was always too proud to beg for money or food, so many nights I slept hungry, if I was able to sleep at all. People dont understand how mentally draining it is to literally have NOTHING going for you. So much so I almost took my own life. I had the barrel of a shotgun in my mouth with my big toe ready to engage that trigger but I whimped out. Happy I did. Now, I am a homeowner, been around the world, and working on selling my second website.

My, how things can change. Keep your head up TS.
                    Good to hear it all worked out for you bro, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Comment

Working...
                    X