No announcement yet.

Lets mourn the death of Kim Jong Il

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

When I lived in Korea, I used to watch the North Korean news broadcast from the DPRK.

Everything they showed was shoddy and pitiful.
    It's actually hard to believe the North was at one point well ahead of the South economically until the family Kim turned it into a repressive militaristic hellhole.

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      NOOooooo!!!! Not wikipedia

On a sidenote, his son has been groomed to be just like his daddy .... so whatever the conditions are, its not likely to change much in the future. It is also, unlikely the 38th parallel will be dissolved and the two Korea's re-united.
      Wikipedia is a hub of citations. The majority of them have links. Follow them. You'll see the likes of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.

When I lived in Korea, I used to watch the North Korean news broadcast from the DPRK.

Everything they showed was shoddy and pitiful.
      It's actually hard to believe the North was at one point well ahead of the South economically until the family Kim turned it into a repressive militaristic hellhole.
      Hey, you can't say that! Not unless you have personally met the Kim family!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
        This is why Americans are pathetic, celebrating the death of a human being who has done absolutely nothing to them. RIP another warrior who died fighting western imperialism
        You're right! My uncle just died and they are celebrating.

Comment

• Im not sure what is with this current trend to call every tyrant who dies a "defender of freedom and justice" or a "hero". Most of them would more likely imprison your whole family for being from the west.

Comment

• he was a tyrannt, an ignorant one in fact

Comment

• defending Kim Jong...c'mon son.

Comment

Who classified Jong Il as a tyrant?
                Based on what?

The interesting thing about being brain-washed is that you do not realize it. And clearly, you do not realize you're brainwashed.

I made the statement, have any of those celebrating NK's leaders death ever met him. Many took this at face value and didn't understand -- but the underlying suggestion is, if you haven't based your hatred on personal experiences, then what is the basis of your hatred?

If it is an adopted hatred based on what someone else wants you to believe, then you are a fool and a tool ... plain and simple.

See above in bold. Calling someone a "murderous thug" based on what you've been told via the media, makes you, quite possibly one of the biggest fools.

Here we go with the Bush doctrine: Either you're with us on everything or you're against us on everything.

How is it un-American to disagree with the media and or the Government?

That is another foolish statement, because it is common for even elected officials to disagree with the Government ... Are they un-American as well?

That's just plain stupid!!!!

Have you met with North Korean's and interviewed them, have you visited North Korea?

Then how can you possibly represent to others how they feel about their leader and his so-called regime's actions?

Simply ... YOU CAN"T ... period.

You are reverberating exactly what the media told you about N.Korea to the letter -- If that isn't mindless, I don't know what is ... Its also pathetic!!

One for the record books ... you're not going to dispute reality. I'm not disputing anything about Kim Jong Il. To dispute something is to give factual credit to the opposing debate and I have done no such thing!!!

Kim Jong Il was what he was ... period. I do not have enough independent information about him to offer and opinion or to make judgment. All I have is the words of the media and the Government, who have an extensive history of fostering false evidence against foreign leaders.

So, I guess its OK to use it in a foreign country -- since the long-term effects are undocumented and uncertain.

You're pretty liberal with the classifications ....

I'm neither anti-Americanism nor am I un-American ... I'm just a free-thinking, independent citizen that can accept, that Govt. can be wrong sometimes -- after all, I have a lot of history to base that opinion on.

Whether Jong Il was a tyrant or not, is not my concern, there are more than enough tyrants within the USA to be concerned with. In either case, I have decided to show respect for the dead, no matter how they chose to live. That is the difference between you and me.
                At the bolded. Yes, and Yes. I am also currently in Asadabad, Afghanistan. If you would like to ask questions from someone who has had boots on ground experiences in these two areas, I'll be more than willing to offer my experiences of these two countries and the people who inhabit them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  At the bolded. Yes, and Yes. I am also currently in Asadabad, Afghanistan. If you would like to ask questions from someone who has had boots on ground experiences in these two areas, I'll be more than willing to offer my experiences of these two countries and the people who inhabit them.
                  Personal accounts, wasn't the focus of what I posted.

Many people blindly adopt hatred, of this or that religion, this or that leader, this or that race, simply and solely because they are told to, by the media or some other official or semi-official entity -- Without even knowing or understanding the sources underlying agenda.

Comment

Many people blindly adopt hatred, of this or that religion, this or that leader, this or that race, simply and solely because they are told to, by the media or some other official or semi-official entity -- Without either knowing or understanding the sources underlying agenda.
                    Are we supposed to disregard every act of tyranny or violation of human rights by tyrants or dictators just because we have never met them in person?

Even when these acts have been confirmed by several media sources across the board? Or does every media have the same agenda?

Comment

You have been continually insistent on personal accounts. Now that someone is offering a personal account you just do not want to know.

Many people blindly adopt hatred, of this or that religion, this or that leader, this or that race, simply and solely because they are told to, by the media or some other official or semi-official entity -- Without even knowing or understanding the sources underlying agenda.
                      You have arrived at a conclusion without attempting to know why. You've picked a side and ran with it. You have done so without recourse to evidence or reason. This is why you now shy away from the very "proof" you initially said you needed.

Have a friend who was in Afghanistan, he's told me some rotten stuff. I'm glad you're out there fighting against fascists like the Taliban.

Comment

Working...
                      X