Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider these fighters ATG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Calzaghe slips into the tail end of the ATG lists, Pryor and Hamed are near-greats.

Poet

Comment

Joe is an ATG and everyone who says anything else is a hate monger and a Bhop fanatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        Joe is an ATG and everyone who says anything else is a hate monger and a Bhop fanatic.
        You are amazing at backing up your reasons and logic!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          You are amazing at backing up your reasons and logic!
          Why, thank you!:-P

Comment

I guess I'll give my views on this since I was the one that started the thread.

I think Hamed and Pryor were great fighters in their division but aren't worthy of being considered an all-time great.

The reason for Hamed is because, although he was a talented fighter, he lost his biggest fight against Marco Antonio Barrera. You can say he wasn't the same fighter and that's understandable. But he didn't even seek a rematch against him.

For Pryor, he was a relentless force and I think he's a great fighter.. but not all-time material. But I think he could have been. In my opinion, he could have given Duran, Leonard and Benitez a lot of trouble, if they fought him. He asked Leonard for a title shot but Leonard refused. I guess that's understandable considering how much of a ring warrior Pryor was. He even beat Thomas Hearns in the amateurs. Even though Hearns was only 17, I still find it impressive. Also, wins over Cervantes and Arguello is very good.

As for Calzaghe I didn't really follow his career much, so I'll let the others decide.

Comment

supper middleweight is the weakest division alltime, how the hell can you say calzaghe is an ATG even tho he never faced the best in his division.....he won the ring belt and never defended it, the rest of defenses were some bull**** belts....

hameds resume is the strongest of that list......because of his attitude everyone dismisses his career....

Comment

Hamed and Pryor were great fighters in their respective divisions but I don't consider either of them to be a true "All Time Great".

Not that I have this gigantic list of guys whom I personally consider to be "All Time Greats", but if I did ; I wouldn't consider either of them. Though Hamed's record of competition is lightyears beyond Pryor's IMO.

Calzaghe would definitely make my list if I were to take the time and come up with a personal opinion list of my top 100. Maybe I'd even post it here only to have everybody tell me their list is better and that my list sucks **** or that so and so shouldn't be ranked as high as he is because of A, B, C, and D.

But yeah ; I consider Calzaghe a great, for what that's worth.

Comment

My opinion is that they are all ATG's in their respective divisions. However, i don't see any of them getting into a real top 100 ATG list which considers all of the weight divisions.

Comment

Calzaghe: Yes.
                    Pryor: No.
                    Hamed: Should have been, but decided not to.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      It would seem that you forgot he won his title by knocking out Cervantes. Still, I don't think he's the greatest 140 pounder but he's definitely one of them.
                      forgive me,It's just that Pryor has faced and beat so many great fighters that I forgot that he beat Cervantes for the title.

Pryors stacked resume is to blame here,Not me.

I don't see how people rate Muhammad Ali over Trevor berbick or Mike Tyson over Danny Williams either.

Comment

Working...
                      X