Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derren Brown you con artist!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I never really believed, was making somebody fall asleep... or into a trance or whatever the **** it is.

Comment

You all need to check out the art gallery on his website too. The guy is an awesome characatuer artist. Probably the best I've ever seen.

http://derrenbrownart.com/gallery.php

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
        The only thing I never really believed, was making somebody fall asleep... or into a trance or whatever the **** it is.
        It is possible to go into a trance like state but not against your will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
          You all need to check out the art gallery on his website too. The guy is an awesome characatuer artist. Probably the best I've ever seen.

http://derrenbrownart.com/gallery.php
          Amazing stuff...

On the "Evening of Wonders" show, I remember being completely baffled by the Monkey Suit switch... and that was probably the most basic part

Comment

I can't remember the exact details...
            But remember the trick where he "brainwashed" a group of people into robbing that Security Van at gunpoint when they heard certain music, saw a certain sign etc
            Well it was something to do with a guy being locked in a different room in the initial stages of the trick, and if he gave a certain answer in 2 seconds it was yes, and if it was 4 seconds it was no... could be a bull**** article mind you

Anyway the trick in the video posted above, guessing the letter...

"this is A letter of the alphabet, this is A letter of the alphabet"
            "it's not an R or a jAy" then asks what she's thinking of straight away...

That's my guess anyway.
            I think it seems he uses actors because its the easiest explanation. I think Brown is a showman but not a obvious cheat.

The aplphabet trick i believe is more down to people being predictable. He didnt give her time to think.

There is a similar trick with numbers;

Choose a 2 digit number between 10 and 99, the both must be different and they both must be odd numbers.

Most people choose 37 or 35.

Amazing stuff...

On the "Evening of Wonders" show, I remember being completely baffled by the Monkey Suit switch... and that was probably the most basic part
            That amazed me. But i watched it a few times and it was just a very quick switch.
            He went off stage talking to the audience, a stooge came back on carrying a big board hiding his face pretending to be Derren, people could still hear Derren talking and assumed it was him holding the board, but Derren was changing into the gorrilla costume. Then he comes out and takes the costume head off.
            Brilliantly done, but really simple.

Comment

Working...
            X