Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Is Responsible for Hatton's Depression/Drug Addiction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Is Responsible for Hatton's Depression/Drug Addiction

Let me first say that i respect Hatton so i'm not trying to kick him while he's down. But looking at how everything's played out for him recently, it's obvious what event lead to his early retirement, depression, and well publicized cocaine use.

A couple of years ago he was on top of the world. He was undefeated, a national icon/role model in the U.K, and as he's said in many interviews, his personal life couldnt have been better. It was his fight with Money Mayweather that shattered his pride and lead to the downward spiral we're still witnessing today. If Floyd hadnt of brutally KO'd him he definitely would've given Pacquiao a run for his money and he'd still be one of the most respected figures in his country.

In hindsight, the chain of events which saw his professional and personal lives fall apart all started from a Mayweather left hand. I just thought that was ironic considering Baldomir, De La Hoya, and now Mosley are also shells of their former selves professionally since their fights with Floyd. Could we be dealing with a "Mayweather curse" or do you think that's purely coincidence?

I doubt that man, Hatton gave a really good account of himself against Mayweather. I'm not saying he came close to winning, but atleast you knew that he gave it his all and did everything he could. Against Pacquiao, he ain't even get started. He seemed too overconfident too, especially with the "Bet your house" comment. He kept talkin' about how he has never been beaten at Jr WW. I'm sure the lost against Pacquiao hurt him more.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-21-2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Wow..... This is a Floyd fan yet somehow this fanbase are better fans than Pac fanbase.

Look at the idiotic subject of this thread. Fine whatever.... Lets say he did are you proud of that accomplishment from Floyd?

Are you out there bragging that fantasy lover did this?

GTFOH.

Comment

Hatton said it was Pac but what doe he know?
        Mr President if it makes you happy, yeah Floyd is responsible for Hattons depression. Its got nothing to do with Pac and if hatton or anyone think it has they are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
          Let me first say that i respect Hatton so i'm not trying to kick him while he's down. But looking at how everything's played out for him recently, it's obvious what event lead to his early retirement, depression, and well publicized cocaine use.

A couple of years ago he was on top of the world. He was undefeated, a national icon/role model in the U.K, and as he's said in many interviews, his personal life couldnt have been better. It was his fight with Money Mayweather that shattered his pride and lead to the downward spiral we're still witnessing today. If Floyd hadnt of brutally KO'd him he definitely would've given Pacquiao a run for his money and he'd still be one of the most respected figures in his country.

In hindsight, the chain of events which saw his professional and personal lives fall apart all started from a Mayweather left hand. I just thought that was ironic considering Baldomir, De La Hoya, and now Mosley are also shells of their former selves professionally since their fights with Floyd. Could we be dealing with a "Mayweather curse" or do you think that's purely coincidence?
          Ever thought Mosley and Oscar were already shells of their former selves when they fought floyd? you know because they were way past their prime due to old age? what was mosley? nearly 40 when he fought floyd and oscar coming out of?

Comment

Saying Pacquiao ruined him is complete rubbish. It's well known that Ricky was never the same after losing to Floyd. Mentally and physically. Watch his first fight before Floyd (Castillo) and his first fight after Floyd (Lazcano) where he was nearly knocked out by the same sort of "check hook" that Floyd gave him. Watching those two fights will really open your eyes and make you realise that Hatton was damaged before Pacquiao beat him. Damaged because (Like the majority of Pacquiao's best wins) he had been brutally KO'd just a couple of fights earlier. It was typical match making from Team Pacquiao. They refuse to fight anyone coming off an impressive win at their natural weight. This is why you will never see him fight Mayweather, Mosley, Berto or Bradley.

Roach to Mosley

"If you don't come in at 142 or 143, there is no fight"

In 2005-2007, Hatton would have murdered Lazcano. But i'm not that suprised that he got into drug addiction. It's well known that he drinks way too much and hangs around with the wrong people. So it wasnt a huge suprise to me.
            Last edited by JK1700; 09-21-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Nah, nah ...It's Floyd Sr. destroys Hatton. If you work with drug dealer, for sure your life wil be miserable.

Floyd Sr. is also the responsible of Floyd Jr. trouble now. See how bad is he.

Nice try *****S

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is responsible for all the wars in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  I doubt that man, Hatton gave a really good account of himself against Mayweather. I'm not saying he came close to winning, but atleast you knew that he gave it his all and did everything he could. Against Pacquiao, he ain't even get started. He seemed too overconfident too, especially with the "Bet your house" comment. He kept talkin' about how he has never been beaten at Jr WW. I'm sure the lost against Pacquiao hurt him more.
                  Anything he said prior to the Pac fight was just hype. He was already ruined as a fighter by then courtesy of Floyd's left hand as evidenced by his future performances. That KO not only stole his confidence but it also took years off his career. The Pacquiao loss may have been the final straw that tipped him over the edge, but had he not felt the wrath of Money Mayweather a year earlier he never would've been in that position.

Comment

The 'bet your house comment' was abit silly, but then similar things were said in the Mayweather Vs Hatton 24/7 'Im gonna be oblivious to pain, how can you lose to someone like that' etc.. The thing with Pacman is that when he destroys a fighter, he does it physically only. Whereas mayweather does it both Physically and Mentally.. it cant be easy to throw some 600 punches and only have 50 of so land, that would be enough to mentally break a weak minded fighter alone (please note im not saying Hatton is a weak minded fighter). And in the pressers leading up to fights Floyd does his 'Ali' bit and gets cocky and verbally abuses fighters to break their mental focus before the fists even start flying. (JMM aside tho as I believe Floyd had too much respect for him and let his fists do the talking instead.)

Anyone else agree?

Comment

Working...
                    X