Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 10:06 AM #21
Gillie Gillie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 720
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Gillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,425.32
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 19,425.32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
Nah man sometimes people know something is wrong but can't really articulate it so they end up expressing that feeling the wrong way, or what they wanted to say comes out all wrong.

For instance the Canelo thing. People weren't mad about the 155lb thing because of 'weight bullying', they were really mad about it because it allowed Canelo to avoid certain fighters by claiming 'I'm not a 154lber'.

Consequently, it also allowed him to avoid dangerous middleweights because "I'm not a 160lber"

Whoever you are, and whether you'll admit it or not, there is no way you can't tell that this is total garbage, at the very least you should be able to feel that something is wrong here even if you can't figure it out.

Also, Golovkin made it clear from the beginning that he would only go down in weight for Floyd Mayweather, so you can't call him out for that.

But even if he had said he would go down in weight for a junior middlweight, Canelo was no longer campaigning at junior middleweight, and in fact was a middleweight champion. There was absolutely no reason for Golovkin to go down for a fellow middleweight champion. There is no world where that made sense and there is no way anyone, Canelo fan or not, doesn't know exactly what Canelo was trying to do.

Then there is also the fact that Canelo promised the wbc that he would fight Golovkin next, that is the reason they allowed him to jump ahead of Golovkin and fight Cotto in the first place, it was the basis of that deal. But then Canelo turns around and asks for a tune up fight, the wbc which basically violates the prior agreement, but the wbc is lenient and allows him to do so, only for Alvarez to vacate and complain that the wbc was rushing him, despite the fact that he ONLY got the title shot in the first place on the premise that he would fight Golovkin, and despite that they were lenient enough to allow him a tune up when they didn't have to.

An unbiased person can easily tell you that Canelo was NEVER in the right in any of these conflicts. He was the reason the fight wasn't happening. He made the excuse that GGG was pricing himself out, however that was also irrelevant because all he had to do was wait for purse bid and he would have been guaranteed 75 percent as per wbc rules.

Canelo was a spioled cowardly brat throughout this whole saga, but you know, in my opinion, he totally took Golovkin to school in their fight.

In fact, if it wasn't for his stamina issues, he could have easily stopped Golovkin.

If you notice, Golovkin always moves forward even when he gets hit flush in the face, but he always either stops or moves back when there is a vicious attack to the body. It happened with Jacobs and it happened with Canelo too.

These guys just gotta keep on throwing. There is only so much pain you can take before it becomes too much to pretend you aint feeling nothing. The key is not to be discouraged and continue to throw.

Look at the Maidana v Floyd fight. Maidana kept coming forward but Floyd knew if he kept on throwing combinations and nailing Maidana on the body then eventually he would inevitably slow down. If he wasn't feather fisted he could have stopped Maidana given the good work he did in that fight.

Maidana did well too, but his shots weren't anywhere near as clean as Floyd's.
Excellent post, although I disagree with your contention that Canelo took GGG to school. I had GGG winning by 2 rounds. Canelo looked good in spots but didn't stand a fight fire with fire because he didn't want to get caught with a big shot cleanly. Had he not felt Golovkin's punches, he wouldn't have constantly been retreating. He only stepped up in the last 3 rounds because his corner told him he was behind and had to win the last 3 rounds.
Gillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-19-2017, 10:13 AM #22
LalinPromotions LalinPromotions is offline
Like Old Timez Mang!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16,578
Quoted: 8356 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39
LalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 34,999,999,001,000,808,448.00
Bank: 5,383,176,067,057.31
Total Points: 35,000,004,384,176,877,568.00
cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun Here's a fish. A striped one. Saltwater I think. - Mike D Thought id get you a positive gift, LOL! - JK1700 green k aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
Excellent post, although I disagree with your contention that Canelo took GGG to school. I had GGG winning by 2 rounds. Canelo looked good in spots but didn't stand a fight fire with fire because he didn't want to get caught with a big shot cleanly. Had he not felt Golovkin's punches, he wouldn't have constantly been retreating. He only stepped up in the last 3 rounds because his corner told him he was behind and had to win the last 3 rounds.
nope. you seem to forget that boxers and their coaches keep track of rounds during and in between. there's a reason why Khan likes to fight high outputs when during the 10 second warning bells to catch attention to the judges.

Canelo doesn't fight like Frampton, Lara, or Khan to avoid punches with their rotational lateral movement.

Nelo's compubox alone justifies a good performance for the DRAW. Little Gee was just flinging jabs around and missing. If GGG didnt have good defense, as he finally showed it against Canelo, Nelo would've knocked him out. The Defense by Lil'G in the Nelo fight shows how he was trolling against Brook or Wade
LalinPromotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:07 AM #23
boliodogs boliodogs is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17,242
Quoted: 3026 Post(s)
Rep Power: 52
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,256,587.07
Bank: 19,259,159,006,248,941,125,632.00
Total Points: 19,259,159,006,258,940,346,368.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 
Default

Wow. What a hate fest this thread is. So much hate for GGG and Canelo. Haters telling each other what cowards and poor fighters GGG and Canelo both are and how much better than both of them Lara is. Haters telling each other how fuked up the fans of Canelo and GGG are. It's funny how a fight between these two cowards and lousy fighters GGG and Canelo is the biggest fight in boxing and the rematch boxing fans want to see the most.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:09 AM #24
genrick genrick is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,969
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
genrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to allgenrick is a name known to all
Points: 118,260.88
Bank: 6,820.41
Total Points: 125,081.29
Default

If this is in comparison with Beyontay, it's apples and chicken.
Klitschko was there for the taking in his own division.
Beyontay didn't do a damn thing about it.
There's nobody there for lil G to step up with.
Ward is in a different division and was focusing on moving up and suing his promoter at the same time.
Apples and chicken.
People ain't stupid dawg.
genrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:24 AM #25
Zaroku Zaroku is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,968
Quoted: 8478 Post(s)
Rep Power: 56
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 200,004,894,221,017,309,773,824.00
Bank: 149,133,006,901,191,245,824.00
Total Points: 200,154,027,227,918,477,819,904.00
Beers up! - anthonydavid11 Savagely funny - Polarbear No Message - Jamie harris Pimpin aint easy and NSB staff literally have Taco Bell parties - SugarKaineHook Thanks again! - Oldschool5 
I love you - BombZquad Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D for jhonny to munch on - Sup You're the man! - JimRaynor 
Cheers Jhonny!  SOG!  SOG! - Redd Foxx Enjoy this tasty burger! - JimRaynor Happy Hanukkah - Freedom. Learn English.  U faggot. - HAMMER77777 Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
that doesn't make any sense. Nelo fought a PRIME Trout and LARA. Who forced Alvarez to fight Lara? Maybe you haven't kept tabs.... but how many Gold medals did Cuba win at Rio...

Lara was a dangerous fight...surely Oscar wouldn't have advised that but LARA went and PUNKED Nelo on the spot during the press conference...what else could Alvarez do? Plus since they fought Angulo...who knows maybe Showtime orchestrated all that? Would Oscar agree to that plot for profit gain?

Ironically, you don't even get the point. This thread is for upper echelon critical thinking. THe context is 2013. Where was Alvarez fighting at 2013?

You might want to revise your Golovkin history and his verbatim starting at 2013 regarding Ward in the posted above...

Let me know when you catch up and acknowledge that. Because Alvarez started at 140... you're still ignoring the basics of this thread and ''154-168 ez fomi''
I really wanted to see GGG & Ward duke it out, Ward would have stopped GGG.
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:57 PM #26
Fabes88 Fabes88 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,030
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
Fabes88 is a splendid one to beholdFabes88 is a splendid one to beholdFabes88 is a splendid one to beholdFabes88 is a splendid one to beholdFabes88 is a splendid one to beholdFabes88 is a splendid one to beholdFabes88 is a splendid one to behold
Points: 29,980,026,897.15
Bank: 128,660,768.54
Total Points: 30,108,687,665.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrick View Post
If this is in comparison with Beyontay, it's apples and chicken.
Klitschko was there for the taking in his own division.
Beyontay didn't do a damn thing about it.
There's nobody there for lil G to step up with.
Ward is in a different division and was focusing on moving up and suing his promoter at the same time.
Apples and chicken.
People ain't stupid dawg.
I agreed with everything you said until the people aren't stupid part. Some of the replies in this thread should've showed you otherwise.
Fabes88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:49 PM #27
LalinPromotions LalinPromotions is offline
Like Old Timez Mang!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16,578
Quoted: 8356 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39
LalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 34,999,999,001,000,808,448.00
Bank: 5,383,176,067,057.31
Total Points: 35,000,004,384,176,877,568.00
cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun Here's a fish. A striped one. Saltwater I think. - Mike D Thought id get you a positive gift, LOL! - JK1700 green k aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
Wow. What a hate fest this thread is. So much hate for GGG and Canelo. Haters telling each other what cowards and poor fighters GGG and Canelo both are and how much better than both of them Lara is. Haters telling each other how fuked up the fans of Canelo and GGG are. It's funny how a fight between these two cowards and lousy fighters GGG and Canelo is the biggest fight in boxing and the rematch boxing fans want to see the most.
Canelo? the context was Ward..

as usual, Nelo is the bone being thrown to deflect from the point
LalinPromotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:59 PM #28
LalinPromotions LalinPromotions is offline
Like Old Timez Mang!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16,578
Quoted: 8356 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39
LalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond reputeLalinPromotions has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 34,999,999,001,000,808,448.00
Bank: 5,383,176,067,057.31
Total Points: 35,000,004,384,176,877,568.00
cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun Here's a fish. A striped one. Saltwater I think. - Mike D Thought id get you a positive gift, LOL! - JK1700 green k aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrick View Post
If this is in comparison with Beyontay, it's apples and chicken.
Klitschko was there for the taking in his own division.
Beyontay didn't do a damn thing about it.
There's nobody there for lil G to step up with.
Ward is in a different division and was focusing on moving up and suing his promoter at the same time.
Apples and chicken.
People ain't stupid dawg.
GGG still wanted 164 when Ward was already with Roc.

keep trying to fabricate things doe, and learn your tenses
LalinPromotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:59 PM #29
daggum daggum is offline
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 29,628
Quoted: 5688 Post(s)
Rep Power: 97
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,001,592,101,200,461,824.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,001,592,101,200,461,824.00
for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas 
hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ 
Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
nope. you seem to forget that boxers and their coaches keep track of rounds during and in between. there's a reason why Khan likes to fight high outputs when during the 10 second warning bells to catch attention to the judges.

Canelo doesn't fight like Frampton, Lara, or Khan to avoid punches with their rotational lateral movement.

Nelo's compubox alone justifies a good performance for the DRAW. Little Gee was just flinging jabs around and missing. If GGG didnt have good defense, as he finally showed it against Canelo, Nelo would've knocked him out. The Defense by Lil'G in the Nelo fight shows how he was trolling against Brook or Wade
compubox lmao. the totally inaccurate numbers justify a draw???
daggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:00 PM #30
daggum daggum is offline
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 29,628
Quoted: 5688 Post(s)
Rep Power: 97
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,001,592,101,200,461,824.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,001,592,101,200,461,824.00
for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas 
hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ 
Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas 
Default

ward didnt want to fight what could ggg do? just look at the offer. it was pure publicity and nothing more. just something he could say to use that lame lil g line when ward didnt offer to fight ggg right away. he wanted a tune up and for ggg to postpone the canelo fight. unbelievable.
daggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
decide, golovkin, made, special, step, years

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.