Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McCracken: Takam is Dangerous; Unlike Pulev, Will Go For It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McCracken: Takam is Dangerous; Unlike Pulev, Will Go For It

Anthony Joshua's trainer doesn't think they were left with an easier fight once Kubrat Pulev pulled out with an injury last week. Carlos Takam, Pulev's replacement, presents a different challenge and in some ways is a tougher challenger, according to McCracken. Cameroon's Takam (35-3-1, 27 KOs) is 2 inches shorter than Bulgaria's Pulev (25-1, 13 KOs) and has two more losses on his record, but will be more aggressive than Pulev would've been when he encounters England's Joshua on Saturday night in Cardiff, Wales.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Pulev would've been aggressive. He cames out fast against Wlad and even though he got KO'd he stunned Wlad, had his moments and made Wlad look quite uncomfortable.

Takam will dance be on the backfoot and try to hit AJ with some sneaky counter shots.
    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 10-28-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Takam wins. See my new post where I explain why and how.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        I think Pulev would've been aggressive. He cames out fast against Wlad and even though he got KO'd he stunned Wlad, had his moments and made Wlad look quite uncomfortable.

Takam will dance be on the backfoot and try to hit AJ with some sneaky counter shots.
        lol, can't see that happening! Takam will try and get on Joshua's chest to smother his work and work on the inside, he's anything but a backfoot fighter

Comment

You're right. Takam has this come-forward reputation but he can box and move. I think he will do exactly what he done against Povetkin, throw feints with the jab and stand side-on and survive until the 5th or 6th round, THEN start applying pressure.

I see a Takam win tonight if AJ doesn't get him out within the first few rounds.

Comment

Takam is tough, but Joshua is becoming a bit of a monster. Takam to be steamrolled inside 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              You're right. Takam has this come-forward reputation but he can box and move. I think he will do exactly what he done against Povetkin, throw feints with the jab and stand side-on and survive until the 5th or 6th round, THEN start applying pressure.

I see a Takam win tonight if AJ doesn't get him out within the first few rounds.
              I don't think it will work though. I see AJ winning comfortably. Should be fun to watch though.

Comment

I don't think it will work though. I see AJ winning comfortably. Should be fun to watch though.
                I think AJ is not as skilled as Takam, just bigger and punches harder.

We shall see, not long now.

Comment

Working...
                X