Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia vs. Adrien Broner Deal Reached For July 29!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Haymon has officially given up on Broner

Comment

• I like the fight.

Now say what you want about Broner but the kid is a durable and a strong guy, only 2 losses against 2 of the strongest Welters out there (Maidana,Porter)

I don't think Garcia can outmuscle AB but if the rumors are true Garcia would be the hardest puncher AB has faced, that is according to Brandon Rios and other dudes who have sparred both Maidana and Garcia.

People in oxnard talk wonders about Garcia's power, still he's moving up and Broner has a chin and is a very athletic and quick guy so this should be an interesting scrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
        Pretty much this people are overrating mikey and underrating broner against a smaller opponent. Mikey to begin does not impress me so wouldn't be surprised if he gets whooped
        I don't think people are overrating Mikey. I've always been high on Mikey. I first saw him in a random 6rd swing fight on a week night Fox Soorts Net card. And I said then that he was a future elite, and better than the two featherweight stars everyone was going crazy over. And that was Gamboa and Juanma.

I think folks are letting their personal distain for Broner affect the way their view him as a fighter. No, he's not the next Floyd. No, he's not an elite fighter. That said, he's been an extremely tough out for guys Mikey's size. Mikey is technically pretty close to flawless and he hits extremely hard, for a lightweight. But in Broner, he's gonna be facing a naturally bigger and stronger guy. He's gonna be facing a naturally bigger and stronger guy that's faster and more athletic than himself. Broner is very good at fighting a big man's fight. Against Mikey, he can fight a big man's fight. If Broner is anything close to on point, this is gonna be an interesting scrap. I'm a probably hop a plane to go see it.

Comment

• This is a good step up fight for Garcia. Broner should be a good, strong opponent. I'll root for Garcia but Broner should perform well.

Comment

• Interesting fight because Mikey is a counter puncher. Broners kyrptonite are pressure fights that throw **** loads of punches. Will mikey up his workrate?

Comment

• intriguing matchup. 2017 turning out to be a good year for boxing. garcia vs thurman, brook vs spence, canelo vs ggg, now garcia broner. i know i missed a few other fights just remembering off the top of my head. mikey showing he has time to make up. going after big fights for big money. get at em champ. broner first fight is making weight. dude is crazy heavy between fights. most fighters do gain but this guy looks 40 plus over the limit. 8 weeks to drop feasable but not a cake walk. lots of outside the ring distraction. all this said he is still dangerous and will have the size advantage. im a mikey fan but i think he decision broner. if he manages to stop broner i will be even more impressed. there alot of hype about his freakish power.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSCARINA View Post
                actually they didnt have beter options man.... On elie seckbachs channel mikey said linares is ducking him.... Robert garcia also said linares doesnt want to fight mikey..... They also said golden boy asked mikey to sign a long term deal with them to get a fight which mikey didnt want to do.... Crawford is at 140 and mikey has no chance against him..... Mikey has never called out crawford so broner makes pefect sense.... Broner is more famous than crawford and the easier fight....
                It has nothing to do with who called out whom or who didn't call out so and so. Its about the best fights. If Mikey can keep making 135 then he would have been better served by waiting for the Vasyl Lomachenko fight. That is probably the biggest fight in the sport under 140 pounds right now. Garcia loses to a Broner and a lot of the shine comes off that fight.

Broner should be demanding a fight with Crawford and if he can't make 140 then he should be fighting someone like Danny Garcia at 147.

This is a fight that should be action packed. But there are equally compelling but more meaningful fights for both. A loss for either of them takes a lot of the luster off those fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                  it has nothing to do with who called out whom or who didn't call out so and so. Its about the best fights. If mikey can keep making 135 then he would have been better served by waiting for the vasyl lomachenko fight. That is probably the biggest fight in the sport under 140 pounds right now. Garcia loses to a broner and a lot of the shine comes off that fight.

Broner should be demanding a fight with crawford and if he can't make 140 then he should be fighting someone like danny garcia at 147.

This is a fight that should be action packed. But there are equally compelling but more meaningful fights for both. A loss for either of them takes a lot of the luster off those fight.
                  why the hell would he wait for lomachenko when he is fighting a way bigger star like broner? Loma only sells like 3k tickets lmfao.... Broner and mike will sell 4 times as many tickets as loma does..... Its a business.... Mikey made the best choice not to wait... He will come back to 135 when loma and linares grow the balls to fight him

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Broner has been just as mediocre at 140, the competition is just worse. He had a hard fight with Emmanuel Taylor at 140.

Mikey is going to crush him.
                    Well, it's true that Broner never was really great at any weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSCARINA View Post
                      why the hell would he wait for lomachenko when he is fighting a way bigger star like broner? Loma only sells like 3k tickets lmfao.... Broner and mike will sell 4 times as many tickets as loma does..... Its a business.... Mikey made the best choice not to wait... He will come back to 135 when loma and linares grow the balls to fight him
                      As I said, its about the best fight. I never said a word about how much money the fight would make because unless its me making the money I don't give a ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X