Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/McGregor is gonna CRUSH Mayweather/Pacman numbers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk if it crushes MayPac, but I think it beats MayPac. Then again I didn't MayPac would crush Floyd vs Oscar (2x-ish more buys with a higher price), but it did so who f#cking knows.

Comment

All this for a sparring match.

There's going to be a lot of angry people come August 26 when they realise they paid 100 bucks for trash.

There's a lot of fights that are really good coming up that nobody knows about that are much better than this one.

Comment

I think so as well. The entire buying force of White America will carry it past the 4.6M PPV record.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          I believe it could smash it. People i know that weren't even interested in Mayweather v Pacquiao are lapping this **** up. Even people like my sister who doesn't follow any sport at all has been following this.

I think some folk are not quite grasping how big this is.

I read a good point from someone on here though that it could do less buys as it might be an event where more people get together to watch it. I could see that. I think this will definitely have more people watching, whether that's reflected in the buys, who knows.
          It could. It's Johnson-Jeffries, Holmes-Cooney redux..

Comment

MayweatherMcGregor breaks the all time ppv record with 6 million buys

Comment

I say 2 million ppv buys

Comment

I don't think so. Me and everyone at my work don't plan on buying this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  I say 2 million ppv buys
                  Nah mate. Mcgregor's rematch with Diaz did like 1.6 million and I think his match with Alvarez did like 1.4. Suffice to say people know who Mayweather is more than Nate Diaz & Eddie Alvarez.

Heck to be honest in the mainstream people know Mcgregor more than Canelo Alvarez because of the language barrier and even Canelo got to 2.2 million or something like that with Mayweather just from boxing fans really. IMO you gotta start with at the LEAST 3 million for this.

Comment

Of course it is. Frat boys, teenage girls, & silverfoxes alike will be tuning in. It's ultimate casuals event. It's pure entertainment. It's no surprise that on a boxing forum (i.e. boxing obsessives (some to an unhealthy extent)), the purists are pissed at the spectacle.

There should be a thread for those who called the massiveness of this event LONG before the press tour started to come on and brag.
                    The boxing ostriches who pretend that boxing owns unarmed combat as entertainment, are just now going through what I went through during the first Aldo press tour. I was mesmerized by how charismatic & confident & legit this guy was. He's a trained mixed martial artist in his prime.
                    Floyd is a legend.
                    This fight is going to sell over 5 million easily.
                    No need to argue. Just bookmark threads like this for the naysayers

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                      I think so as well. The entire buying force of White America will carry it past the 4.6M PPV record.
                      Why white though? Are you implying something here?

Comment

Working...
                      X