Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Ward be grateful to Goossen for home advantage in all his Super Six fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Wlad's a big draw in Europe. Ward isn't a draw anywhere.
    People always pretend that Ward is a financial disaster. He isn't that. His fights sells about 1 million or a little over than that. That's not bad, I guee he get these types of taunts because he has the so called "boring style". But prove me that the people don't care about him, prove me that they fond Ward boring. I said, he sells aout 1-1,3 million, that's really not that bad...
    I think some people based on their preconceptions think that all of the people find Ward or other technical boxers boring while everyone loves gladiators. This not that simple as you imagine... Ward is not very much but a bigger draw than two of the most popular KO monsters today, GGG and Kovalev. So how you can prove that the fans find his style boring and he isn't a big draw?
    Compare to Ward how many boxer is a big draw without a doubt in your viewpoint? Pac, Cotto, May, JMM, JCC, Canelo, Froch in England, Wlad in Europe. I think that ones are obvious, but otherwise I don't know how many boxers existent who are obviously bigger draw than Ward.
    This "Ward can sell" talk is pretty much just an urban legend, a bullshit.

And about the topic. Why everyone play the smartass and dissing Ward because he sues his promoter?
    Do you know exactly why he sues his promoter? If you know, please share with me, because I'm curious about the parts. You think he does because the lolz? You think he hasn't got good reasons for this?
    So if you don't know about the parts of the situation, this thread is pretty light-minded.
    A lots of people just diss Ward and say **** him and **** his inactivity without they know the parts of the lawsuit or something like that. That's a very simple logic. "Sues his promoter --> inactive --> **** him, he is borin anyways." Congratulation, nice arguement!

Comment

I agree with the OP. Having a home advantage makes a huge diffence and that's why a lof of fighters don't fight outside of their home country. The super six definitely seemed set up to favor Andre Ward. Things could have been entirely different if Ward was the one traveling and Froch got to have all his fights in England. The super six final should have at least been somewhere neutral.

I've always had respect for great champions like Ali and Robinson they would travel the world fighting guys in their backyards.

Comment

Ward had all his fights in his home country during the Super Six.

He fought the champion Mikkel Kessler in Oakland with a California referee Jack Reiss who permitted Ward to repeatedly deliberately foul (headbutts, clamping Kessler's arm, hitting off the break) and never once warned him for excessive clinching.

Ward had home advantage against Allan Green, and again he fouled a lot, especially hitting while holding. Once again the ref said nothing.

Ward had home advantage against Arthur Abraham, and when Abraham started to come on a bit in the later rounds, Ward got him with some obviously intentional head butts which the ref ignored.

Ward was able to skip a round and advanced.

In the final, he once again had home advantage over the UK boxer Carl Froch. A referee Steve Smoger known for nationalistic bias worked that fight. Froch had to fight in three foreign countries during the Super Six: Finland, Denmark and the USA.

Dan Goossen has done a lot for Andre Ward. How can someone who calls himself the "Son of God" be so selfish and ungrateful?

It not easy to get Ward a fight because he's a prima donna who demands everything his own way:

1) he demands home advantage
        2) he demands over $2,000,000 per fight, even though he's not a draw
        3) he demands there be no random PED testing
        4) he demands his fights be at 168, no catch weights or moving down to 160 or up to 175.
        Ward's first 3 demands are unreasonable, especially demands 1 and 2. He does lots of dirty, illegal holding and hitting and excessive clinching and wrestling and he gets away with it in the Oakland area. He isn't worth 2million bucks a fight. Lots of other fighters don't allow extra testing. His demand that as the 168 pound champion of the world his fights be at 168 is completely reasonable. If other fighters want to take his title it's up to them to make that weight. Catch weight fights are what is BS when there are so many weight classes so few pounds apart. Let the middleweight challengers come up 8 pounds and the light heavyweights come down 7 pounds. It shouldn't be Ward's problem because he is the real 168 pound champ. I don't remember the great Hagler going up or down even a pound to satisfy his challengers.

Comment

Who's Ward?

Comment

Anyone who refers to Andre Ward as some kind of consistently super dirty fighter is completely full of ****.

Their whole premise is based off one fight - Kessler. A fight against a mental midget ***** who quit on himself and tried to get himself butted because he knew he had no chance of winning as he had been outboxed for every second of every round before any headbutts took place.

Ultimately Ward doesn't need to thank Goossen because Goossen didn't outmaneuver anyone to get Ward 3 fights at home. People need to realize he had no leverage to pull that off at the time.

Ward got 3 fights at home because the Sauerlands are stupid ****ing morons who know nothing about boxing and genuinely believed Kessler and Abraham would both kick the **** out of Ward without breaking a sweat.

If Kessler and Abe's promoters knew what a real boxer looked like they wouldn't have let Ward fight at home. Instead they figured that Kessler would whoop Ward's ass in a big time US Showtime fight that would propel his career. They gave Ward zero chance and looked at it like a showcase fight.

Only after the fact did all the European crybabies come out of the woodwork to cry about Ward. They didn't think he was a threat either and none of them complained about Ward getting Kessler at home because they all believed he was going to whoop Ward's ass in the US and show American fans who was best.

I love.... just absolutely love.... how stupid Andre Ward makes European posters on this site.

As for Ward the fighter - Carl Froch didn't call him dirty or complain. Chad Dawson didn't call him dirty... Edwin Rodriguez.... nope cant find anything blatanly dirty in that fight either.... All you idiots have is one fight... one fight against a guy who quit on himself and was hoping for a cheap win by walking into butts and never moving his head out of the way of anything the whole night.

Comment

Ward had all his fights in his home country during the Super Six.

He fought the champion Mikkel Kessler in Oakland with a California referee Jack Reiss who permitted Ward to repeatedly deliberately foul (headbutts, clamping Kessler's arm, hitting off the break) and never once warned him for excessive clinching.

Ward had home advantage against Allan Green, and again he fouled a lot, especially hitting while holding. Once again the ref said nothing.

Ward had home advantage against Arthur Abraham, and when Abraham started to come on a bit in the later rounds, Ward got him with some obviously intentional head butts which the ref ignored.

Ward was able to skip a round and advanced.

In the final, he once again had home advantage over the UK boxer Carl Froch. A referee Steve Smoger known for nationalistic bias worked that fight. Froch had to fight in three foreign countries during the Super Six: Finland, Denmark and the USA.

Dan Goossen has done a lot for Andre Ward. How can someone who calls himself the "Son of God" be so selfish and ungrateful?

It not easy to get Ward a fight because he's a prima donna who demands everything his own way:

1) he demands home advantage
              2) he demands over $2,000,000 per fight, even though he's not a draw
              3) he demands there be no random PED testing
              4) he demands his fights be at 168, no catch weights or moving down to 160 or up to 175.

great post.

Ward is a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                I dont understand why he sued, signed an extension and sued again and again.

I've always thought that Ward was bright and articulate, but the facts pretty much reveal that he isn't particularly clever and he has failed to hire some good advisors to help him out in areas where he himself is lacking.

Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Anyone who refers to Andre Ward as some kind of consistently super dirty fighter is completely full of ****.

Their whole premise is based off one fight - Kessler. A fight against a mental midget ***** who quit on himself and tried to get himself butted because he knew he had no chance of winning as he had been outboxed for every second of every round before any headbutts took place.

Ultimately Ward doesn't need to thank Goossen because Goossen didn't outmaneuver anyone to get Ward 3 fights at home. People need to realize he had no leverage to pull that off at the time.

Ward got 3 fights at home because the Sauerlands are stupid ****ing morons who know nothing about boxing and genuinely believed Kessler and Abraham would both kick the **** out of Ward without breaking a sweat.

If Kessler and Abe's promoters knew what a real boxer looked like they wouldn't have let Ward fight at home. Instead they figured that Kessler would whoop Ward's ass in a big time US Showtime fight that would propel his career. They gave Ward zero chance and looked at it like a showcase fight.

Only after the fact did all the European crybabies come out of the woodwork to cry about Ward. They didn't think he was a threat either and none of them complained about Ward getting Kessler at home because they all believed he was going to whoop Ward's ass in the US and show American fans who was best.

I love.... just absolutely love.... how stupid Andre Ward makes European posters on this site.

As for Ward the fighter - Carl Froch didn't call him dirty or complain. Chad Dawson didn't call him dirty... Edwin Rodriguez.... nope cant find anything blatanly dirty in that fight either.... All you idiots have is one fight... one fight against a guy who quit on himself and was hoping for a cheap win by walking into butts and never moving his head out of the way of anything the whole night.
                  Rodriguez...

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                    great post.

Ward is a joke...
                    After he completely turned off your favourite this sounds a little sore loser talk to me.
                    You also started a thread where you claimed that Froch is the top SMW not Ward. Too bad that the majority voted for Ward.
                    With all due respect to Froch, atch the fight again and tell me after who was the joke there.

And still waiting for the parts of the lawsuit because now I just see: "Fuck Ward because he filled lawsuit and inactive." And noone told the partsof the lawsuit. So these are just preconception until you show me parts and show me why you think that he has absouletly no reason to sue Goossen.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                      After he completely turned off your favourite this sounds a little sore loser talk to me.
                      You also started a thread where you claimed that Froch is the top SMW not Ward. Too bad that the majority voted for Ward.
                      With all due respect to Froch, atch the fight again and tell me after who was the joke there.

And still waiting for the parts of the lawsuit because now I just see: "Fuck Ward because he filled lawsuit and inactive." And noone told the partsof the lawsuit. So these are just preconception until you show me parts and show me why you think that he has absouletly no reason to sue Goossen.
                      So you haven't read the break-down of the Ward-Goosen feud?

Comment

Working...
                      X